A Total War Saga (new series of games from CA)

Soldato
From the CA blog;

Today we’re thrilled to announce a new class of historical Total War game on PC. Released under a new badge,Total War Saga games will be standalone spin-off titles focusing on exciting pivotal moments in history rather than whole historical eras.

Basically they say the best comparison for size and length of campaign would be with Fall of the Samurai. Lots of potential here for mini campaigns that deal with key historical flash points.

Soldato
Don't think so myself. I mean it's possible, but they already admit that these aren't full campaigns. There'll be a huge backlash if people have to pay full whack for these.
i hope so but EA do it :p

it shouldn't as a saga at all

it should be ONE game, you get x events. then you buy more events over time. so one game could be 3 years old with huge amount of expansions :)

Soldato
Sounds like a good idea. I'd certainly buy one to check it out. Hope they aren't too expensive though although as a Total War series fan since the beginning I'd probably buy the first one no matter what the price just to check it out and then I'll make a decision from there as to whether I'd buy any more. Hopefully they go back to the older style of the series I'm not a fan of the last 3 Total War games but I did buy Total War Warhammer in the Steam sale with all DLC just to see what it is like.

Associate
The biggest attraction for me was the grand campaigns and huge maps like in Empire TW. I guess now they will be pumping out smaller scale ones every year instead and no doubt at the same price..

Soldato
OP
You guess wrong. We still don't know about price, but these "sagas" aren't a replacement for the main games. CA are a much bigger company than they were even 5 years ago, and they have multiple teams all working on different projects... See the blog post from last month for details.

Soldato
The biggest attraction for me was the grand campaigns and huge maps like in Empire TW. I guess now they will be pumping out smaller scale ones every year instead and no doubt at the same price..

Empire Total War was an epic game. Played that to death a few years ago but it was so easy. I basically never lost a battle in it.

Back
Top Bottom