strong beers you have tried

Associate
OP
This thread reminds me that I made a 16% cider once. I took a few bottles to a party. I ended up on a motorway. My friend ended up arrested, with no shoes or shirt and no idea where he was. We binned the rest.
haha i done the same one night up in elgin and ended up being lifted on the dual carriageway. had to spend an extra 2 nights up there before i was sober enough to drive home again

Soldato
Tactical Nuclear Penguin here too. Only had a couple of swigs and that was enough.
I like strong beers though so when BrewDog release each Dog:<insert letter> or AB:<insert number> I always buy it. Majority of them are quite good.
Cocoa Psycho is a regular for me at 10%.

Caporegime
I drink a lot of a Belgian crippled and wide in the 9-11% range. Anything much stronger than that is not really a beer bits marketing gimmick.

Associate
Tried this in a local bar yesterday afternoon: Ola Dubh 12 Year Special Reserve 10.5% from cask, I only had 1/2 pint but it was very nice but no way I could drink a lot of it mainly due to the cost of it..........

It was my first time in this bar but if any of you ever visit Truro I can't recommend them enough, the staff were great and the food was amazing and a really unique place.

https://www.sondertruro.co.uk/menus/

FTM

FTM

Soldato
most strong beer isnt that palatable

orkney skullsplitter used to be a regular at beer festivals and Big Lamp Brewery used to have one call Blackout

Rochfort 10 is still quite nice though at 11.3

Brewdog Tokyo was nice as well...came as a third in the bar and was quite port like

friend had a shot of one of the really strong ones..but it just tasted like alcholic marmite to me it was so malty

Soldato
I cant see the point beyond 7% ish i suppose

local micro pub often has 6.5% bits and bobs on a weekend.

Usually things like Oakham green devil, japour etc at least your flavor is there

Soldato
Depends on the style of beer entirely IMO. The alcohol in a 9% DIPA isn't that noticeable compared to a similarly alcoholic porter/stout to my tastes. Even a TIPA like Magic Rock Un-Human Cannonball hides it well (probably why I ended up sleeping on the kitchen floor last time I had a night involving a can of that).

Associate
Depends on the style of beer entirely IMO. The alcohol in a 9% DIPA isn't that noticeable compared to a similarly alcoholic porter/stout to my tastes. Even a TIPA like Magic Rock Un-Human Cannonball hides it well (probably why I ended up sleeping on the kitchen floor last time I had a night involving a can of that).

I'd argue some porter/stouts hide the alcohol well as well. Northern Monk Cherry Coffee Porter at 10% is a prime example.

Back
Top Bottom