I need a new mouse.. But which one?

Associate
My current mouse is a MAD CATZ R.A.T 5, but over the last month or so it's slowly dying. The left click button now double clicks everything (so I'm currently using a script to stop double clicks under 100ms), and it's also having tracking issues on the X axis (mouse only moves in a straight line up and down until I give it a smack).

I can't decide on going with a more budget mouse or spending more for something more "premium".

Couge 200M - £9.95

Logitech G402 Wired - £31.00

Logitech G403 Wireless
- £99.95

My most commonly played game is EvE Online, where I do a lot of fast action PvP, so accurate and fast clicking is needed. I also occasionally play BF1.

Would I honestly notice a difference in performance between the Cougar 200M and the G402?

What makes the G403 x3 the price of the G403 just for a bluetooth chip?!?

Any advise or recommendations on what to look at would be great!

Associate
OP
I'm failing to understand the price of some of these gaming mice. With the Logitech G403 wired version at £47 and say the Corsair Harpoon performance optical gaming mouse at £22, I can't see how the Logitech is worth over double the price. The Corsair apparently has a very good tracking sensor in it. Is the casual gamer going to notice a difference?

Associate
The problem is braided cables nowadays are annoying as arse and catch, meaning you need to buy a bungee or some other half arsed way to limit the free flowing mouse. If you're not bothered by this then great, you've saved yourself a ton of money. For people who are bothered by this then they've got a choice of some wireless mouse, probably a... "G903 (a tweaked G900) and the G703 (which is similar to the G403). Both mice are available later this month, but UK pricing is still TBC (probably £140 and £90 respectively)."

Source: https://arstechnica.co.uk/gadgets/2017/06/logitech-powerplay-mouse-pad-wireless-charging/

Also see my review: G403 vs G900 mini review

Associate
Unless you're going to use the PowerPlay mouse pad, and be forced to use a particular sized mouse mat in turn, then I'm not sure the updated versions offer anything new over the current G403/G900.

Associate
I got a Zowie FK1 a few hours ago. WHAT A MOUSE! It feels completely natural to me after only a couple of rounds of overwatch and I am able to track targets better with this mouse than I could with my Steelseries Xai, a mouse I got like six years ago which was similarly priced.

There is FK2 FK1 and FK1+ from small to large in that order. They are wicked good ambidextrous fingertip/claw mice.

Associate
If you want something cheap and good - Logitech G402 Hyperion. They go for around 30 quid and are superb. Switched it from Deathadder and not looking back

Back
Top Bottom