***The Vapers Lounge*** 3.0

Associate
So my SBODY DNA 250 has an issue after just 1 month of use... Something to do with a fault in the board apparently. Contacted them 4 days ago now with no response. The irony is that I've never once had an issue with one of the more standard, cheaper mods.

Only had my Therion 166 for 3 days and got a faulty board i think, check battery error, just sent email to lost vape

Associate
What are the rules regarding flying thesedays? I know the 100ml limit stil exists but can I take a mod and a tank on to the plane without issue?

I'm guessing a pressurised plane and a tank full of liquid is a bad combo?

Soldato
Where is the best place these days to get 18650's, and are the Samsung 30Q still the go-to battery of choice.

I had two, but one has just decided to instantly die so need some new ones.

Cheers.

Associate
Fogstar with the potv15 code for 15% off
Or wait till Fridays when they do 20% offers
Nexydaybatteries aren't bad either and have a 5% code: NEXTDAY5
Torchy and ecolux are reputable sellers too

30q are still ok, or the LG hg2. Heard good things about the new Sony vtc 5a and 6 too. Depends on your vaping style and power needed

Last edited:
Soldato
What are the rules regarding flying thesedays? I know the 100ml limit stil exists but can I take a mod and a tank on to the plane without issue?

I'm guessing a pressurised plane and a tank full of liquid is a bad combo?

both hold luggage and hand luggage it's fine, i've taken multiple e cigs on flights several times nobody's batted an eyelid.

just remember to drain it, or have it upside down during the flight as the pressure difference will push all the juice out through the wick, it's a sticky mistake you only ever make once....

Soldato
Thanks for the info, going away on Wednesday and planning to take juice, a few mods and tanks with some premade coils in my hand luggage, was wondering if the coils were ok myself.

Missus is going to have a heart attack at the amount of juice I'm taking though.:D

I'd never have been any the wiser that all the juice would empty due to the pressure so great tips once again in here.:)

Soldato
Fogstar with the potv15 code for 15% off
Or wait till Fridays when they do 20% offers
Nexydaybatteries aren't bad either and have a 5% code: NEXTDAY5
Torchy and ecolux are reputable sellers too

30q are still ok, or the LG hg2. Heard good things about the new Sony vtc 5a and 6 too. Depends on your vaping style and power needed

Thank you, will check them all out. Only used Torchy before.

Just using an istick Pico and Kanger subtank mini, so nothing too demanding.

Associate
So I actually managed to get some flavour out of my new ammit 25, whacked a big tiger coil in with a boat load of cotton and it's done the trick. No idea what the weird tastes I was getting previously was but after a good clean it seems to have fixed it. I might be speaking too soon but fingers crossed!

Soldato
Can vouch for the Sony VTC5As, very good batteries, they might not have the 3000mAh capacity but in my experience they actually last longer because they don't drop in voltage as much during use, so they seem to run down further before the low voltage cut-off kicks in. Superb in mechs too. Edit: oh and for batteries, nkon.nl were excellent, prices are miles better than elsewhere, easily offsetting the postage cost, and they have a huge selection.

Also for anyone in the market for a new RTA for the 10-60W range I can highly recommend the Coppervape clone of the Skyline RTA, picked mine up from 3fvape. The "airdisks" they call them (airflow inserts) mean you can dial in the airflow to exactly what you want much better than you can with the ring. I'd advise picking up the additional set of airdisks for $5 or whatever. Currently running mine with the 2x1.5mm holes insert, with a 3mm ID, 0.5mm wrapped in 0.2mm kanthal 5.5 wrap clapton, at 28W. Most flavourful tank I've used, it's basically a more refined Kayfun 5. The juice flow control is better (will handle any VG, better adjustment and visibility), the airflow is extremely smooth, and the general construction is better.

Associate
Got a faulty lost vape therion bought from fasttech, only few days old so still in warranty, opened ticket with fasttech and they asked if i can get repaired locally, do you know any uk repair shops?

checked postage cost to china to return to fasttech or usa if evolve will repair and its a lot compared to the cost of the mods itlself

Any ideas?

Anyone has faulty mods from fasttech and know what their process is? will they want faulty mod returned or offer to send another or give discount to buy again etc?

Gee

Gee

Soldato
What's the fault with it? I have one myself so I may be able to help.

I had a charger (Opus BT-C3100) arrive DOA from FT, the cooling fan on it never came on due to a resistor falling off the circuit. They asked me to do the same thing; check in with a local repair shop.

Just push them and continue to ask that you want to send it back. IIRC it cost me about £11 to send the charger back to FT, but it took like 5 days to arrive through RM. I'd recommend sending it signed for/special delivery etc.

Associate
What's the fault with it? I have one myself so I may be able to help.

I had a charger (Opus BT-C3100) arrive DOA from FT, the cooling fan on it never came on due to a resistor falling off the circuit. They asked me to do the same thing; check in with a local repair shop.

Just push them and continue to ask that you want to send it back. IIRC it cost me about £11 to send the charger back to FT, but it took like 5 days to arrive through RM. I'd recommend sending it signed for/special delivery etc.

Its saying check battery error message, made sure its set to 2 cell not 3 and tried 3 different sets of batts, google suggests its either a loose solder connection or faulty dna board, did a quote on royal mail to china come outs as £15 signed but not tracked

Ps. Got a reply from evolve who are happy to repair it but have the send to ohio

also think the wood have to come off to repair to might not be as new after a repair vs if fasttech would just replace it etc - but soldering from evolve will probably be better

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone here had a smok alien just die on them?? Screen blank and nothing happens, tried different batteries and plugging it in, also thought it may be in stealth mode but a no go. Had no back up and couldnt get to the shop till dinner, ended buying a T-priv, seems ok so far and way better than the couple of dirty sticks i had this morning, dissgusting and cant believe i smoked so many everyday for 25 years.

Soldato
Its saying check battery error message, made sure its set to 2 cell not 3 and tried 3 different sets of batts, google suggests its either a loose solder connection or faulty dna board, did a quote on royal mail to china come outs as £15 signed but not tracked

Ps. Got a reply from evolve who are happy to repair it but have the send to ohio

also think the wood have to come off to repair to might not be as new after a repair vs if fasttech would just replace it etc - but soldering from evolve will probably be better

Something that might be worth a read for you: https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic...vj/having_issues_with_your_therion_read_this/

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Got a Wotofo Serpent SMM edition on the way from FT. Came to around £17 delivered via UK Post.

Loving single coil RTA's at the moment, same flavour from a dual and a lot easier to build.

Permabanned
Got a Wotofo Serpent SMM edition on the way from FT. Came to around £17 delivered via UK Post.

Loving single coil RTA's at the moment, same flavour from a dual and a lot easier to build.

Noice! Still use my Pharoah from time to time when I fancy a change form the Engine. Let us know how it is!

Associate
I ordered one of those Serpent SMM tanks from FT other day too and also have an Ammit 25 on the way.
Hoping I enjoy the vape from them more than the Pharaoh.. although I've been vaping MTL the last few days with some dr.salt liquids in a kayfun mini v3 on a 20w istick at a massive 10 watts :eek: lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom