***Official Squad Thread***

Soldato
Thanks for the kind comments guys. Glad you're enjoying it. We're in the pretty boring phase of development at the min with some big systems like animation and inventory still being rewritten. Once these are finished we can really start putting out the new content at a much faster rate than we have been.

Most of the guys involved in Squad started from creating mods themselves so they see it's only fair we offer the same chance to other people. We're looking forward to seeing what you creative chaps come up with. We've already put in a few things the community has made into the game.

That is pretty much exactly the place we want to be. Offering the scale of Arma and the "ease" of being able to jump into a game and play like the BF series (but actually with team work and people using their mics :p)

It can be frustrating at first and it really does seem like the enemy are coming out of nowhere. Once you get a few more rounds under your belt you will find it much easier to spot enemies. Having a good SL is a crucial factor to enjoyment especially during sale times as there are a lot of people coming in and trying the SL with no experience. Join one of the clan servers try to join their squad and tell them you're new. As long as you use your mic and follow the SLs instructions then 9 times out of 10 they will help you learn the game.
o are u a developer of the game?

Soldato
World on the street is:

>Sandbags and all other squad deployed items such as 50cals and mortars can be destroyed by explosive weapons!
>Riflemen will be able to deploy a single layer of sandbags anywhere they like without a SL marker!
>FOBS can no longer be built without a logi truck in the area!
>On screen indicator shows if you are standing, crouched or prone and in vehicle if the engine is on or off (not keen on this, not needed and I hope it can be turned off for clean UI)

Soldato
Question while I am on,

Does anyone else just use the spawn map for their map rather than the quickmap button. I much prefer the spawn map as you can zoom and scroll and see the status of the team at a glance. I know the quick map opens a fraction faster but it's just not as useful to me even in the heat of battle.

Soldato
OP
Al Basrah/Narva 9.6 performance playtest incoming. If you are available to play in 30 minutes, 16UTC until 18UTC and are able to download the 2GB patch in time, then please be welcomed to join our open playtest!

Beta branch password: thisisnarvfefe (steam -> squad properties -> betas tab -> validate password -> select public testing branch -> OK -> restart steam)

Soldato
Question while I am on,

Does anyone else just use the spawn map for their map rather than the quickmap button. I much prefer the spawn map as you can zoom and scroll and see the status of the team at a glance. I know the quick map opens a fraction faster but it's just not as useful to me even in the heat of battle.

Not really. Most of the folks I play with have the quick map (Default is M) bound to a mouse bottom or key which is very accessible and check it like crazy people every 10 secs. Next to map knowledge, not running everywhere (ESP round corners), using sound and pausing to detect movement it's probably the other factor that separates the causal player from more seasoned vets/slayers.

Soldato
Not really. Most of the folks I play with have the quick map (Default is M) bound to a mouse bottom or key which is very accessible and check it like crazy people every 10 secs. Next to map knowledge, not running everywhere (ESP round corners), using sound and pausing to detect movement it's probably the other factor that separates the causal player from more seasoned vets/slayers.

I'm doing the same with the full map, have it bound to tab

Soldato
Yea just like Arma 3 really

Soldato
Getting close to 9.6 now. Final few bug and issues being squished.

Awesome. I heard the play test went well. We're having allot of debate regarding the supply feature included and what that does for the meta :)

How core inv progressing? I'm getting excited about the possibility of kit customizations, weapon zeroing and stuff like coax guns on IFV although I realize it goes way beyond that

Soldato
I guess if it works for you then all good. At least you're looking at the map hah

I was watching some Dr Hammer vids on YouTube and he does the same as me, using the spawn screen as quick map. I feel legitimised now.

Also I installed the Beta but must have missed the server so never played online. However I was able to go to the firing range and try the new features. Looked great.

Soldato
>On screen indicator shows if you are standing, crouched or prone and in vehicle if the engine is on or off (not keen on this, not needed and I hope it can be turned off for clean UI)

I disagree actually, so I like the sound of this...I don't always find it obvious whether I'm crouching or standing to be honest, so it would be nice to know at a glance without having to move. But I agree, customisation would be the best option.

One really small change I'd like to see is to the compass - it would be nice if the number showing your current heading was offset from the rest of the compass bar - would make it slightly easier to read and glance at, and therefore quicker when trying to call out where you've spotted an enemy.

Looking forward to 9.6. Not played Squad for a while, as it really needs a bit of time commitment to get the most out of it, so I've been playing Rising Storm 2 instead which I can dip in and out of a bit more easily....need something to motivate me to put some more hours in :)

Back
Top Bottom