Instagram.

Soldato
I use Instagram for my travel photography slowly building a decent following I hope one day I can use it to give up work and travel around the world more then I do now like many of the top travel accounts on Instagram do.

Instagram can be a way of earning money through sponsorship once you get a decent following travel is my passion so I love looking at all the other pictures people post it a great community.

https://www.instagram.com/bingham67/

At first I thought 'nice, 2k followers...', then I thought, 'Oh, following 4 times as many'. I notice a lot of people follow me, I assume just for me to follow back. When I see that sort of ratio I definitely don't follow back.

Does it 'work' so to speak? Would a sponsor not be put off by the ratio?

Soldato
At first I thought 'nice, 2k followers...', then I thought, 'Oh, following 4 times as many'. I notice a lot of people follow me, I assume just for me to follow back. When I see that sort of ratio I definitely don't follow back.

Does it 'work' so to speak? Would a sponsor not be put off by the ratio?

Follow imo is one of the most important to gain tranction I like and comment hundreds of pics nearly everyday which slow down when I work but I do shift work so in four days off I try to keep up I sometimes lose 100 followers but gain more in the process.

But I also unfollow people I use an app that shows me who unfollows me then usually get rid of them straightaway and then pick others to unfollow just so I stop hitting the limit which is about 7500 followers so I can keep adding new people.

You are not getting sponsors this early you need about 3,000 to 5,000 followers and sponsors also look for like and impressions and comments on your photos I average about 300 likes some of my photos have 500 I am just pushing it along at the moment.

Two sponsorship sites that I know are these

https://www.revfluence.com/creators
https://famebit.com/creators

revefluence.com requires at least 500 average likes/post, 3000 followers, and 50 posts
and famebit 5,000 followers

Searching the best hashtags in your niche is the other way I use to gain following I like pictures and most with less following then myself will follow me straightaway it a long process but have to treat it as a business adventure end of day it does not come magically fast which is a good thing you have to work for it.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Yeah that's what I've now found. I've also found an app to remove my likes because my suggested search was just full of mostly naked and fit women which my missus was delighted about when she looked up something on my phone (she doesn't have her own).

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I have a private instagram account I use to follow friends and a few hobbies. I only allow my friends and family to follow me, it makes sense since I'm sharing a snapshot of my life. Why would strangers want to see that?

I've started using stories occasionally to share throwaway snaps.

I've started posting a few gym related videos too. Much easier than it used to be via YouTube.

Soldato
I like Instagram, but only use it to view other people's photos relating to my interests (motorcycles, mountain biking, landscape photography, etc.) and to share some related photos of my own.

Not a fan of people's breakfast, posing, or people using it as a popularity contest. My current pet hate are females who love to advertise the fact they ride a motorcycle for popularity and men to perv on them. I've actually seen one or two popular ones at a popular bike spot in Wales, they spent a while just taking photos of their bikes instead of riding the damned things.

Soldato
I love Instagram. Less political and spammy than Facebook... gives me access to sports personalities I follow mainly ... and some eye candy for soft-core fapping.

Back
Top Bottom