Biker's Cafe Chatroom

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Last edited:
Associate
Man, I looked like a right **** this morning. Coming out of my drive, I saw some builders watching, so thought I'd gun it a bit. I have to turn 90 to go down the street, so I simply blipped the throttle to kick the bike around. I blipped a bit too much and the back swung out due to wet leaves, and the bike nearly went over. Luckily I had my leg out so it didn't fall, I carried on blipping it and it brought the bike upright and I shot off down the road.

Proper SM :D.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Why do you think I took up riding, any excuse to spend time with men in leather...
:eek: You two should go for a ride, no lube... :p
My bosses think they're funny:
TjicKIi.jpg
I didn't even get a card from my workplace, been working there 3 years too... Oh well, f...
I do love their humor though, haha :D
Man, I looked like a right **** this morning. Coming out of my drive, I saw some builders watching, so thought I'd gun it a bit. I have to turn 90 to go down the street, so I simply blipped the throttle to kick the bike around. I blipped a bit too much and the back swung out due to wet leaves, and the bike nearly went over. Luckily I had my leg out so it didn't fall, I carried on blipping it and it brought the bike upright and I shot off down the road.

Proper SM :D.
Child... :p

Soldato

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Order 2 pairs, e.g. Large & XL and see which ones fit you better. That's what I use to do, all my gear I bought for my first bike was wrong size. :p Didn't want to do the same mistake again...

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I wear medium gloves in a Rev It and I need a large in Alpinestars. They fitted a bit too tight for comfort when I tried some recently.

Soldato
Can anyone (of the taller people :p) recommend some long waterproof over trousers?

I've got a set of Richa rain warrior but the trousers after 40 minutes of heavy rain let water in around the crotch/bum area, just by the water sitting on/next to the trousers and it seeping in, not through any seams. Gonna look for a new paid but need some that are LONG as I'm 6ft 3 and normal length ones just ride up over my boots.

Man of Honour
Can anyone (of the taller people :p) recommend some long waterproof over trousers?

I've got a set of Richa rain warrior but the trousers after 40 minutes of heavy rain let water in around the crotch/bum area, just by the water sitting on/next to the trousers and it seeping in, not through any seams. Gonna look for a new paid but need some that are LONG as I'm 6ft 3 and normal length ones just ride up over my boots.
Tried reproofing them? If it's not coming through the seams that should help.

Soldato
I think waterproof overs just generally wear out and start leaking. My last pair did and I've just bought Richa rainwarrior and I'm dry as a bone after an hour in heavy rain :)

I'm a short arse so these are long on me :p
Yeah it could be that, they've kept me dry before on long trips and hours of riding through europe in the rain so it's probably just that. Problem is I've put some straps on them to keep the legs down as they ride over my boots otherwise so need some proper long ones, pref with some sort of fastening by the boots.
Tried reproofing them? If it's not coming through the seams that should help.
It might, I've done nikwax on my textiles but not yet tried them out properly - I'll be using the lightweight waterproofs for the alps trip to go over leathers/kevlar jeans, not gonna take my full textiles.

Back
Top Bottom