Amazon Prime Day

Soldato
OP
Not an issue if they used their own Prime account to order from, surely?

They did, and had it sent to their address. You can't physically order more than one bulb per account as the system won't let you. I used their account to order my second bulb and had it shipped to their address. They cancelled the order, same as my sisters.

Wanted 3 bulbs, ended up with 1

Soldato
I wanted a friend to order me a second bulb but it had already disappeared from the Prime Day deals.

Most of my stuff is out for delivery. I actually tired to pick slower post on some items as in the past it has given you digital credit, but couldn't see the option.
Shame that stuff ordered on Prime Day doesn't get Prime delivery...

Soldato
Managed to snag the K95 RGB platinum Cherry MX brown for £135 :)

Amusingly, my regular K95 RGB broke a week ago, out of warranty period of course by two months, so ordered the K95 RGB Platinum for normal price. Arrived late and damaged so was given a voucher for £20 (due to that and a few other late deliveries) and was sending it back for tomorrow anyways. Saw same item pop up on Prime sale for £155 and used voucher ontop and voila, saved a fair bit over what I was willing to pay anyways :D

Associate
Bought an Echo, seems quite good, sits in the living room on the coffee table and does it does what i ask it, seems good value for £79!
Sound quality is not too bad, didn't realise it could pair to bluetooth speakers as well so i have linked it to my Bose soundlink mini which is nice.
Voice recognition seems better than Siri?

Caporegime
'Accidentally' bought the E27 version of the Philips Hue starter kit. Turns out my sockets are all B22. My fault for not checking my light sockets, but I was at my office when I placed the order and I remembered the last bulb I bought was a screw cap...well it turns out that was for the outside light. All the inside ones are B22 Pins.

Amazon aren't being very helpful. They will only Refund the HUE kit or replace it for the same E27 kit. They won't exchange it for the B22 version, because "the price has gone up" (obviously)

Shame. Last time I dealt with their customer service on the phone they were really good.

Soldato
Try online chat, they're usually brilliant, although I think they maybe are being a bit stricter with Prime Day - I'm having trouble getting them to honour the discount where they've included the VAT as part of the discount (which they don't usually do for Channel Islands), so the Prime Day discount on the Paperwhite and Fire Stick I bought is 7%/5% rather than the 27%/25% advertised.

Soldato
OP
as previously mentioned, Amazon customer service isn't what it used to be. Went downhill about 12-18months ago.

They just say, return and re buy all the time.

Soldato
'Accidentally' bought the E27 version of the Philips Hue starter kit. Turns out my sockets are all B22. My fault for not checking my light sockets, but I was at my office when I placed the order and I remembered the last bulb I bought was a screw cap...well it turns out that was for the outside light. All the inside ones are B22 Pins.

Amazon aren't being very helpful. They will only Refund the HUE kit or replace it for the same E27 kit. They won't exchange it for the B22 version, because "the price has gone up" (obviously)

Shame. Last time I dealt with their customer service on the phone they were really good.
Adapters are cheap.

Back
Top Bottom