*** Nintendo Switch ***

Man of Honour
Bar the signal issues with the joy cons, which should be rectified by now, I don't know of any other widespread hardware issues.

Poor WiFi (hardware fault, I have this problem being repaired currently), bent backs, poor fitment between the front and back shells and docks scratching the plastic screen due to being bent are the main ones apart from the couple of joy con issues.

Soldato
Poor WiFi (hardware fault, I have this problem being repaired currently), bent backs, poor fitment between the front and back shells and docks scratching the plastic screen due to being bent are the main ones apart from the couple of joy con issues.

I thought the update fixed the wi-fi issue? Mine is permanently maxed out since anyway.

Man of Honour
I thought the update fixed the wi-fi issue? Mine is permanently maxed out since anyway.

No they just did the apple trick of bumping up the bars one notch so people stopped complaining about never being able to get max signal.

My WiFi would randomly drop packets in the middle of games whenever I was on a different floor to my router. No other device including my Wii U or 3DS have this issue.

The WiFi and bluetooth issues are related so you typically also get poor range on both joy cons if you have the dodgy WiFi chip. This is independent of the left joy con issue.

Soldato
My connection is solid but the wifi range is awful... my macbook pro, PS4, and mobile phone all have maximum bars in my bedroom, but my switch can't even connect to the internet.

Man of Honour
You might have the Wi-Fi issue in that case. What range does your right joy con work at when behind your back?

It should work at least 5 metres away.

Caporegime
Been watching more death squared videos, this looks like a riot. Going to buy it tonight and give it a go. Planning on picking up pink & green joy cons as soon as they're in the shop so this should prove good for some multiplayer fun :)

Soldato
Finally managed to get a grey Switch yesterday after several weeks of checking for stock in the local catalogue shop. I've shoved it under the bed out of the way for the time being after checking the screen for dead pixels. It's a Christmas present for the kids (honest, really), I was a bit concerned about trying to get hold of one later in year after having disappointed kids before when I left it too late to get them a new 3DS.

Anybody think that the stock issues will get better as the year goes on or will they be as rare as hen's teeth come Xmas?

CN

Caporegime
Finally managed to get a grey Switch yesterday after several weeks of checking for stock in the local catalogue shop. I've shoved it under the bed out of the way for the time being after checking the screen for dead pixels. It's a Christmas present for the kids (honest, really), I was a bit concerned about trying to get hold of one later in year after having disappointed kids before when I left it too late to get them a new 3DS.

Anybody think that the stock issues will get better as the year goes on or will they be as rare as hen's teeth come Xmas?

CN

I read a report that Nintendo have stated they're doing everything they can and continue to increase production levels wherever possible. But what it basically boils down to is the demand continues to be very high and they simply cannot build them fast enough. If they continue to release good games (which it seems like they are) that this trend will actually continue for now. Part of the problem is actually buying the available parts as well, as it uses mobile parts they're in high competition with other manufacturers.

Right now...nobody knows!

Man of Honour

CN

I wonder if you may want to check the joycon issue just to see if it has it, then you could get it fixed before christmas

Caporegime
Indeed. I think the fact that Mario Odyssey is coming out in Oct to get ahead of the Xmas Surge shows that they know they probably won't be able to meet demand so they're trying to get ahead of the game.

I know of people just ordering from Nintendo and/or Amazon and just waiting then cancelling which ever one doesn't turn up first. When my friends bought mine they said they waited 2 weeks from Nintendo UK. That was in May-ish time.

Caporegime
Snipperclips we played the demo, did enjoy it :) will pick it up at somepoint. The joy con issue is really apparent though. I used the pro pad tonight and synced Ana onto the right joy con in landscape mode. Worked for now. Will arrange a repair soon.

Back
Top Bottom