Benelli TNT 600i - opinions?

Soldato
Hi,

Due to getting a job that needs a small commute I'm considering finally getting my DAS sorted and finally getting a bike.

600cc is the limit for engine size.

I always loved the look of the TNT 1130 but the newer 600i with ABS looks like a nice all rounder that will cover me for a couple of years and give me experience I need without being to vicious I'll regret it.

Anyone any experience with this bike? good points? bad points?

Alternatives?

Soldato
Never knew this bike existed tbh. Other options that look similar are the Honda CB600F (Hornet), Suzuki Bandit 600, Triumph street triple.

My only thought about your choice is availability of parts in comparison to the bigger brands. Especially if this is your only mode of transport for work

Man of Honour
Benelli have been sold off and are now basically just a cheap Chinese brand iirc.
If you need reliability especially for committing I'd probably steer well clear.

Soldato
How about an MT09 or like Mowy mentioned above a Street Triple... I've had 2 of them and only done short commute (30 mins max) but had so much fun on the bike.. And then even onlong journeys or weekend Blasts the bike is more than capable and will have you grinning a lot.. The build quality is great the power comes in at the right time, Handles like a dream and styling is beautiful... I'm actually lining up a trade in of my CBR600RR over the coming months and will be looking at the MT09 or STR...

Man of Honour
How about an MT09 or like Mowy mentioned above a Street Triple... I've had 2 of them and only done short commute (30 mins max) but had so much fun on the bike.. And then even onlong journeys or weekend Blasts the bike is more than capable and will have you grinning a lot.. The build quality is great the power comes in at the right time, Handles like a dream and styling is beautiful... I'm actually lining up a trade in of my CBR600RR over the coming months and will be looking at the MT09 or STR...

Neither of those meet his 600cc limit.

Soldato
They're both nice bikes though. My next one will be one of those two, or a Duke 390 as they seem like a hoot.

I've only ever ridden the Street Triple and was blown away by its performance... I must admit the Duke 390 and RC390 look stunning and must be a good performer as I see plenty out and about. It's mad how the smaller engine sized bikes are coming along these years and still doing a great job, even for experienced riders

IC3

IC3

Soldato
They're both nice bikes though. My next one will be one of those two, or a Duke 390 as they seem like a hoot.
So you're going back to riding. :D

I've only ever ridden the Street Triple and was blown away by its performance... I must admit the Duke 390 and RC390 look stunning and must be a good performer as I see plenty out and about. It's mad how the smaller engine sized bikes are coming along these years and still doing a great job, even for experienced riders
One of my mates has a RC390, on really twisty roads he can keep up. But once we get to the faster bits, I always have to wait. :p

Last edited:
Man of Honour
So you're going back to riding. :D

My wife won't shut up about it.

One of my mates has a RC390, on really twisty roads he can keep up. But once we get to the faster bits, I always have to wait. :p

Any monkey can twist a throttle. All the fun is in the twisties (more like spaghetti thrown on a wall here) so I think a 390 could be great fun for day trips here. I'd never tour on one though.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
My wife won't shut up about it.
I'm guessing she's against it, can't blame her though. You've a kid on the way, I know a few cases in which people quit bikes because of starting a family.

Any monkey can twist a throttle. All the fun is in the twisties (more like spaghetti thrown on a wall here) so I think a 390 could be great fun for day trips here. I'd never tour on one though.
True, I'm still talking about corners, on straights he's right behind me as I don't find it fun giving it all its got in a straight. Corner speed is where its at! :D

Man of Honour
I'm guessing she's against it, can't blame her though. You've a kid on the way, I know a few cases in which people quit bikes because of starting a family.

She is the reason I have road bikes and my bike licence, without her I'd have never ridden a bike on the road as it seemed pointless in the UK compared to motocross. Mind you with this broken leg I think I was right in this case :p

The kid is four months old now too.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the suggestions, I don't mind going slightly over the 600cc mark, i just don't want anything too big that I'll kill myself on it :D

Plus, the bigger the bike, the more i'll have to battle the wife :D

Parts were an issue, my brother had a problem with some cheap Chinese bike but I wasn't aware Benelli had been bought out.

Going to rush through my CBT and look for a decent bike.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
She is the reason I have road bikes and my bike licence, without her I'd have never ridden a bike on the road as it seemed pointless in the UK compared to motocross. Mind you with this broken leg I think I was right in this case :p

The kid is four months old now too.
Oh, that's strange... the only people that constantly tease me to get another bike are my mates who I use to ride with. lol All my family is even more against it, than when I told them I did my A2. :p

Thanks for the suggestions, I don't mind going slightly over the 600cc mark, i just don't want anything too big that I'll kill myself on it :D

Plus, the bigger the bike, the more i'll have to battle the wife :D

Parts were an issue, my brother had a problem with some cheap Chinese bike but I wasn't aware Benelli had been bought out.

Going to rush through my CBT and look for a decent bike.
Don't mix CC with Power/Torque, an R6 is much more deadly in hands of a novice than a SV650(645cc), MT07(700cc), z800(800cc) etc. You get the idea...

Avoid bikes manufactured in China and India like a plague... e.g. RC390 and Duke 390

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Go jap something like an SV, bandit, hornet, mt07.

Decent performance but aren't going to be getting you into trouble every time you go out. Bulletproof and if something does break you'll almost certainly be able to get a new part within a day or 2.

Man of Honour
Avoid bikes manufactured in China and India like a plague... e.g. RC390 and Duke 390

They changed the manufacturing and QC process a lot with the new Duke 390. They now get a second very strict QC in Austria before being chipped to the rest of Europe and they have really improved the manufacturing process.

They are certainly no worse than the Italian QC that's for sure!

I wouldn't be considering one if there were any widespread issues.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
They changed the manufacturing and QC process a lot with the new Duke 390. They now get a second very strict QC in Austria before being chipped to the rest of Europe and they have really improved the manufacturing process.

They are certainly no worse than the Italian QC that's for sure!

I wouldn't be considering one if there were any widespread issues.
i would get a Supermoto instead of a Duke, more fun... both aren't meant for longer distances and the advantage with a supermoto is you can go anywhere. :D

Back
Top Bottom