My cat is insane

Soldato
If the thread was about a dead horse and someone said eat it, to which OP replied "I'm not British", no one would bat an eyelid... :p Mention another nationality and suddenly it's "inappropriate".

The difference being:

1. The horse meat scandal was widely publicised and dominated the news for weeks, making it a decent and obvious punch line, unlike a single vague article from 4 years ago

2. 'Hilarious' English people are always joking about cats/dogs going missing near Chinese restaurants, it's crude stereotyping.

Associate
Our cat Lucy seems to have read this thread. She's brought her first mouse into the house and then let it go :rolleyes: Cue panic and mayhem from wife and daughters......

Traps are down as its under the piano now and stupid fur ball lost interest.

Get a medium sized box, put it on its side near the mouse, then coax the mouse out with a golf club or stick. Do it right and the mouse will do a runner for the safety of the dark box, when it does, flip the box upright and take the mouse outside. Caught loads of mice like this.

You'll need to get the mouse out as quickly as possible as they'll wreck your furniture give half a chance.

Caporegime
The difference being:

1. The horse meat scandal was widely publicised and dominated the news for weeks, making it a decent and obvious punch line, unlike a single vague article from 4 years ago

2. 'Hilarious' English people are always joking about cats/dogs going missing near Chinese restaurants, it's crude stereotyping.

Complains about stereotypes by using a stereotype as evidence. Smart.

Also...it ain't exactly without precedent.

Associate
Our cat used to bring in full size rabbits with the head eaten, lovely gift. Especially 1st thing in the morning before work. It also used to do the same with rats and then be sick afterwards :eek: We have a horse muck heap which we used to throw them on lol.

Soldato
*sigh* maybe when you grow up a bit you'll be able to structure an argument and convince me that I'm being unreasonable instead of just reverting to childish insults.
"Childish" and "grow up" don't actually mean anything beyond "I don't like that thing you've just said l"

Soldato
I sense a few **********, i really cannot understand how people get upset so easily, it's a ******* joke, no wonder this place has died recently, they are killing this forum.
It was a harmless tongue in cheek comment and the equivalent of saying English people have bad teeth, i.e. no one in their right mind should be taking offence at it. I never thought I'd see the ********* / PC culture find its way to GD but it looks like it has begun.

Soldato
It was a harmless tongue in cheek comment and the equivalent of saying English people have bad teeth, i.e. no one in their right mind should be taking offence at it. I never thought I'd see the ********* / PC culture find its way to GD but it looks like it has begun.
It began a while ago, it has killed this place.

Back
Top Bottom