Was given a load of air-guns and ww2 stuff

Soldato
So sadly my wife's grandad has had to go into a home, we always used to talk about his time in Italy following the war, as he was on guard there... Loved his collection. My wife has decided to give it all to me as she is now power of Attorney.

Anyways. Here it all is!

zn0aar.jpg

This is the one that gets me... the number of scratchings to indicated the number of kills!

WW1!
x2p35v.jpg

2wdopjm.jpg

jakiyv.jpg

332b2x3.jpg

sfjjh4.jpg

ay14r8.jpg

Soldato
You should probably step away from the internet for a while, you seem to be looking for arguments

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
I'd check legislation (or perhaps someone on here can clarify) re: the air rifle... do some types require registering or some form of licensing? If so it would be worth getting that sorted out ASAP as firearms laws can be a bit funny.

Soldato
I'd check legislation (or perhaps someone on here can clarify) re: the air rifle... do some types require registering or some form of licensing? If so it would be worth getting that sorted out ASAP as firearms laws can be a bit funny.

Air rifles are ok, if it was an old ww2 gun then OP would probably have to apply for a licence and meet those requirements for safe storage etc.

Soldato
12ftlb for rifles, 6 for pistols no licence needed.

The ones shown are all spring guns so pretty unlikely they were ever able to do more than that.

Caporegime
Air rifles are ok, if it was an old ww2 gun then OP would probably have to apply for a licence and meet those requirements for safe storage etc.

in different parts of england its different try getting a air rifle license for scotland if you from uk.its easier getting a shotgun one.:confused:

Soldato
So sadly my wife's grandad has had to go into a home, we always used to talk about his time in Italy following the war, as he was on guard there... Loved his collection. My wife has decided to give it all to me as she is now power of Attorney.

Anyways. Here it all is!

This is the one that gets me... the number of scratchings to indicated the number of kills!

WW1!
x2p35v.jpg

As a collector, why don't people give me stuff?! The sword bayonet is a 1907 Pattern for the SMLE rifle. It looks to be in good condition. Yours was issued January 1917 by the looks of it. I can't quite make out the manufacturer from your photo. On the reverse will be a large X - this denotes the bayonet passed the bend test in the factory. I very much doubt the notches are 'kills', sorry! It looks to have been put, the wrong way round, in a Home Guard frog (the canvas belt attachment).

The spike bayonet is what replaced the 1907 Pattern and was used with the Enfield No.4 Rifle (an updated version of the SMLE for WWII).

Back
Top Bottom