• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Fan buggered

Soldato
One of my 1070 Strix fans has started making a lot of noise - it's wobbling so it's catching on the heatsink. I've tried fiddling with it but as soon as it starts spinning you can visibly see it's unbalanced. Anyone had this issue? Dealing with ASUS warranty is ...... pfff... well y'all know how bad it is. I've looked at the fan and it doesn't appear to be damaged in any way :/

Associate
rma or take off the shroud and jerry rig some fans onto the heatsink

or type in strix fan on your favourite auction site, looks like you can replace just the fan

Associate
Nah mate. It's spinning consistently it's just not spinning level - so when the blades wobble down it catches on the edge of the heatsink so it's almost making a chirping noise (because of the fan speed and how lightly it's hitting). It's annoying as heck.
It'll only get worse and fan blade will shatter. I'd stop using it and contact Asus support to RMA it.

Associate
if your lucky the fan has moved on its spindle ie tilted and might be lifted off or put back onto the cooler straight, but its much more like some internal part has failed, dissasembly will tell you which but theres the warranty question if you do that

Associate
Unfortunately I have. And be very careful because the Asus fan blades are very brittle. If the fan is definitely faulty then I would go along the idea that you need Asus to repair it. I have tried in the past to source Asus fans and it's impossible ~ unless you get exactly the same item you can end up with something that looks good but doesn't perform at all well. The only good way to get one is find dead card and steal it's fans!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom