LG OLED55B6V and Samsung hw-k650 soundbar ARC issues

Associate
Had the TV and soundbar since December with no ARC sound issues whatsoever - it worked first time and been working for the last 7 months. Switch the TV on and the soundbar would kick in and switch on at the same time displaying TV ARC. Since Sunday the ARC just stopped working altogether. I managed to get it to work again by removing all the HDMI cables and playing around with powering off and on the TV and Soundbar. It only works though until you switch the TV off and then you have to go through the whole crazy procedure again every single time. I've been doing this for the last 3 days and about to throw it all out the window. Any suggestions please?

Associate
does the Tv have a internet connection ? sounds like handshake issues , and i would guess since it was working before the Tv has perhaps had an update ?

Associate
OP
Yes the TV has internet connectivity. I figured it could be an update issue. Is it more likely to be a TV issue than a Sound bar issue? The TV isn't at the latest firmware I checked with LG (they take ages to role out) not even saying that will resolve it. I'm wondering whether I also need to update the sound bar firmware. Surely I can rule out a cable issue if I can get it to keep working again and again after it seems to lose it's settings? Just to reiterate the TV settings never change, they are always the same when I check them (correctly configured to accept the ARC)

Soldato
What happens when you click the settings button, which brings up the coloured circles on the right, the pink one for sound. What does it say when you hover over it?, can you cycle it through the options back to ARC?

Associate
OP
Thanks for the info but I've since resolved the problem. It seems the HDMI connection into my new Android box totally screwed up the ARC config and wouldn't accept ARC whatsoever until I unplugged that particular HDMI cable from the Android box - really weird.

Back
Top Bottom