Tarantino 'Manson Family' next masterpiece?

Associate
You may have heard rumours circulating about Tarantino's next film about the infamous Manson Family & The Tate murders.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...tate-brad-pitt-samuel-l-jackson-a7836476.html

Nothing has been confirmed just yet as it seems like its being kept under wraps by Tarantino himself but potential cast members such as Brad Pitt, Jennifer Lawrence & Margot Robbie have been rumoured to star. No mention of who would play Charles Manson.

• What are your thoughts on this?
  • Who would you like to play Charles Manson?
  • What approach do you think Tarantino will take with the film and is it risky doing a film based on true events?

Caporegime
I immediately thought of Jeremy Davies, but discovered he's already played the part!

Sounds interesting, but I hope it doesn't drag on and on like his last film. I just couldn't enjoy it at all.

Associate
OP
I admit The Hateful Eight was a lengthy watch, but I loved it.

I still can't quite think of any actor to play Manson yet, I hope his decision is the right one though.

Soldato
The thing about his films is that the violence is acceptable due to it all being fiction. So I don't know how people will react to the bloodbath of killing an 8 months pregnant Sharon Tate. But then the dialogue from Manson, and how he persuaded his followers to commit such atrocious crimes would be interesting.

Man of Honour
The Hateful Eight was really self-indulgent... as a passive viewer there was way too much 'waiting' and nowhere near enough suspense. It had good moments but I have no desire to watch it again.

Still, enjoy most of his films. Inglorious ******** was brilliant.

Associate
OP
I would've said Jared Leto, but with Margot Robbie as Sharon Tate it would just be a bit strange.
Yeah I was thinking Jared Leto, but because they was The Joker and Harley Quinn it would have been weird.

I literally can't think of an actor that would potentially fit the role. He would have to be young, yet an established actor to pull of the role perfectly.

Permabanned
Eh, I'm not so sure about this one. The thing I like most about Tarantino's work is that he often makes real world events the basis for really interesting fictional ideas. The idea of him doing a 'biopic' about these events with his trademark style feels a little... disrespectful? Who knows. He might take the whole thing in a completely different direction. Too early to judge as of yet.

If I where to choose an actor for Manson though, it would undoubtedly have to be Aaron Taylor-Johnson. He basically played Manson in Nocturnal Animals, even looked a bit like him!

Associate
OP
Eh, I'm not so sure about this one. The thing I like most about Tarantino's work is that he often makes real world events the basis for really interesting fictional ideas. The idea of him doing a 'biopic' about these events with his trademark style feels a little... disrespectful? Who knows. He might take the whole thing in a completely different direction. Too early to judge as of yet.

If I where to choose an actor for Manson though, it would undoubtedly have to be Aaron Taylor-Johnson. He basically played Manson in Nocturnal Animals, even looked a bit like him!
Not yet seen Nocturnal Animals, but I see what you mean with Aaron Taylor-Johnson, he kind of does look like him so it could work.

I have a feeling Tarantino could possibly cast a familar actor/collaborator from his previous films, maybe?

Tim Roth, only if he was younger.

Back
Top Bottom