Oculus Rift

Associate
Got my Rift a week ago, and been blown away by it. Never tried VR before and wasn't sure what to expect. Had to rearrange everything in the living room to make it more VR friendly, but it was worth it. Still, one pint glass has had it, and iv'e hit the TV already, its all down to getting to carried away with Robo Recall.

Currently trying to get the joysticks setup properly for some Elite Dangerous. Haven't played it in a long time, but need to get it all setup first, otherwise it'll spoil the experience.

Bought Raw Data and bridge crew the other day, only had a quick game of both so far, but if someone wants to game my steam name is Elfyn.

Think my covers are being delivered today. Excited!

Been looking at covers myself, let us know how they are, especially when wet. Find the foam itches when sweating.

Soldato
I seem to be faulting on the serve every time, tried bouncing before i hit it, tried hitting it my side first, probably should just look up the rules of it :D

You hit it so it bounces on your side then the opponents side.
Your paddle must be behind the table when you serve, not over it (by default there should be a red grid that shows when you're over the boundary. There's a setting for it.
You can ignore the white line in the middle.

Soldato
Been looking at covers myself, let us know how they are, especially when wet. Find the foam itches when sweating.

They don't really absorb sweat so I don't find them uncomfortable. The only downside is when it rolls all the way down from your forehead to your mouth.

I got the standard ones with the additional blue pads but the blue ones don't seem to stick on very well to the velcro around the bottom. I think because there's a stitch line where it should stick. May take this one up with vrcover to see if it's supposed to have a stitch line... Don't have the same problem with the standard black ones.

edit: this assumes you get the replacement foam not just the cover.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm curious if an OCUK employee could say how many pre-orders they've had for the Rift at it's current price point and if it's worth it now ordering from them or keeping the order I have with Oculus ?

OcUK Staff
I'm curious if an OCUK employee could say how many pre-orders they've had for the Rift at it's current price point and if it's worth it now ordering from them or keeping the order I have with Oculus ?

We got triple figure number of orders on. I've requested closer to quadruple figures of units from distribution. It'll probably get to everyone evenly in dribs and drabs over the remaining weeks of the promo. Pay your money, pick your retailer and take your chances. Obviously I'd advise coming to us rather than going direct, but then I would wouldn't I and you wouldn't believe me :)

Soldato
** That famous indian cuisine shop are now recalling all EXTRA touch controllers that were shipped by mistake or giving you the option of paying £99 **

I'm sure someone mentioned on reddit that there was a previous case, by the same shop, with a different product where, because they'd included it on the invoice, they had no legal recourse to take back the extra item. It's quite unbelievable that after this has happened before they've done exactly the same thing.

Associate
I'm sure someone mentioned on reddit that there was a previous case, by the same shop, with a different product where, because they'd included it on the invoice, they had no legal recourse to take back the extra item. It's quite unbelievable that after this has happened before they've done exactly the same thing.
Yep, there was someone on Reddit saying how this was a known problem with their ordering system, that it had been a known problem for quite some time, and that they'd never fixed it.

Associate
I bought a like new Rift from Ebay this week, Arrived and works AMAZING . Cost me £330 all in without the touch controllers. Then realized I had not canceled my Amazon prime one that shipped a hour ago. Going to pop the original one on the classified if someone can tell the right section. Just looking to make the £330 back.

Is there a classified on hear ? Sure I heard there was yet I cant see it ??

Permabanned
I bought a like new Rift from Ebay this week, Arrived and works AMAZING . Cost me £330 all in without the touch controllers. Then realized I had not canceled my Amazon prime one that shipped a hour ago. Going to pop the original one on the classified if someone can tell the right section. Just looking to make the £330 back.

You need 1000 posts to access the members market.

Would it not be easier to return the new one to Amazon and buy the touch controllers from Oculus for £99? That way you have only paid £30 over the sale price. I doubt anyone will buy the headset on its own for £330 now.

Soldato

You can probably still cancel the Amazon order even if its shipped. If not refuse delivery and open a return.

Soldato
You hit it so it bounces on your side then the opponents side.
Your paddle must be behind the table when you serve, not over it (by default there should be a red grid that shows when you're over the boundary. There's a setting for it.
You can ignore the white line in the middle.
Will give it a bash, thanks

Soldato
We got triple figure number of orders on. I've requested closer to quadruple figures of units from distribution. It'll probably get to everyone evenly in dribs and drabs over the remaining weeks of the promo. Pay your money, pick your retailer and take your chances. Obviously I'd advise coming to us rather than going direct, but then I would wouldn't I and you wouldn't believe me :)

I cancelled my order with Oculus and have now put an order in with you, Hopefully it all goes well :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Assetta Corsa blows my mind and I've not even driven it yet, just watched replays :D

The quality of Oculus engineering continues to grow on me. I immediately felt that it was top notch, but some touches like the small gap into the real world by your nose is really useful and nice to have - I can peek to see the screen, keyboard, mouse etc. And the set doesnt feel claustrophobic during loading screens. Very clever.

Back
Top Bottom