Kiwi's Squad Build / Refresh

Soldato
OP
I've been away for the last few weeks and not had a chance to work on the build that much. With that said I did receive all the fittings (my god they are expensive) and have started mocking up the configurations using the mobo, cpu and block from my old 2600k build. It turns out that I forgot a few fittings so have ordered the final pieces for the build which I will try to make in roads on next weekend.

oSrDBvx.jpg

The black sparkle fittings are looking great if I do say so myself :) With the singularity brackets on the pump the Rad-Pump connection should look pretty good in particular when compared to other builds.

One of the open items I have right now is where to put the temperature sensor. A couple of options are in the pump or using one of the T connections I have spare.

Soldato
OP
Some more test fitting today and while I'm happy with how tidy the pump and rad connections are I'm not happy with the CPU -> Res connection. The obvious answer to fix this issue is to get a smaller res :( Fortunately bitspower seem to make them in 50mm increments so it's just a case of swapping out the BP-WTZACT250-CL for the BP-WTZACT200-CL.

zH3MEou.jpg

DraG0J5.jpg

With a smaller res I'm assuming it should enable me to have a straight bridge from the CPU to res without having to use ugly extensions.

Due to getting all of my parts from Florida that puts the build behind another week - fortunately my currently gaming rig is intact so I don't miss out on any squad :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I'm guessing a hard tube with a 90 bend right bang in the middle and cut the two lengths sort the connection out without going to a smaller Res and using spacers ?

Definitely an option but I'm trying to not use any bends at all for more of a fittings type look. I ordered a 200mm res to replace the 250 which should enable me to have a straight 90 to 90 and I think it will look a little better aesthetically

Back
Top Bottom