No video output from Gigabyte GA-AB350M-G3

Ed

Ed

Soldato
Hi everyone,

I've just setup a Gigabyte GA-AB350M-G3 with a Ryzen 5 1600 and one stick of 8Gb 2400 Corsair RAM but I'm not getting anything from the mobo's HDMI or VGA port to the monitor. The stick of RAM is placed second from the CPU.

The keyboard's num-lock and caps-lock works so there's some signs of life but I wonder if you chaps have any bright ideas of things I'm overlooking?

There's no GPU in there yet either, if that helps.

Thanks in advance.

Ed

Ed

Soldato
OP
I'm kind of relieved that a GPU will/should fix it and I don't have to go through the hassle of sending stuff back. Very odd it has on-board video output yet is incapable of doing so.

Man of Honour
I'm kind of relieved that a GPU will/should fix it and I don't have to go through the hassle of sending stuff back. Very odd it has on-board video output yet is incapable of doing so.

I would be but also would be mad that it gives the imprsession that it has onboard graphics.

quote from there web page.

4K resolution is the next technological milestone in high-definition content delivery, utilizing approximately 4,000 pixels on the horizontal axis, more than four times today's standard HD pixel density. GIGABYTE motherboards provide native 4K support with integrated AMD Radeon® Graphics via HDMI.

Ed

Ed

Soldato
OP
I would be but also would be mad that it gives the imprsession that it has onboard graphics.

quote from there web page.

4K resolution is the next technological milestone in high-definition content delivery, utilizing approximately 4,000 pixels on the horizontal axis, more than four times today's standard HD pixel density. GIGABYTE motherboards provide native 4K support with integrated AMD Radeon® Graphics via HDMI.
I was going to wing it with onboard graphics for a while but looks like I'll have to stump up sooner rather than later. Oh well.

Associate
There is no iGFX on Ryzen chips.

Motherboards can have display outputs but the CPU determines if they actually work; some motherboards even don't support the iGFX on certain CPUs!

Back
Top Bottom