Service Battery Alert on Retina MBP Early 2015

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
Can't see me being that lucky :p Amazing customer service there though!
Finally got a Genius Bar appointment sorted for Thursday afternoon so will see what they say. Hoping the battery can be replaced while I'm there as I haven't really got a back up plan if it needs to be left for days :o

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
Mine is too new a model for that anyway :) I'll just be happy with it being replaced while I'm there!

Soldato
Mine is too new a model for that anyway :) I'll just be happy with it being replaced while I'm there!

Doh! Just realised you had a 2015 model rather than the earlier 2012/13.

Fingers crossed for you that you can get it repaired quicker than the article is saying.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
Lovely bloke in the Apple Store but sadly didn't quite get the answer I wanted. :(
No problems getting the battery replaced for free but it's going to take 3-5 days which is a bit of a problem for my work. Taking it back in a week or two once I rearrange my work a little but it's going to have to be a bit of an unpaid holiday for me while it's off being repaired :o

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
Not exactly ideal but at least it's being dealt with. Take a proper holiday, go away for a few days while it's being done?
Ahh, if only I could! No rest for the wicked/part time carer, unfortunately. But I will endeavour to enjoy the enforced time off work. :)

Sounds like a poor option when even if you have to pay Apple to do it (which he won't) it only costs in the region of £150
The quote on my invoice stated £360ish :eek: Although, I'm not paying anything!

Soldato
I guess it depends on the store, but I've had a few repairs done in the last couple of years at one of the bigger stores. They always quote 3-5 days and I've had it back in 2 if parts were available in my experience.

The battery is part of the top case on the retina's, so it's basically a rebuild job.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
I'll hope for 2 days but expect longer then. :) Would have thought it's a decent sized store (Cardiff one) and they've kept the part specifically for when I return.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
That worked out pretty well :D
Took it in Thursday late afternoon. Got a call Saturday lunchtime to say it was ready to collect.
Collected it this afternoon and besides replacing the battery and top case, they replaced the screen too as it failed midway through repair.
Not bad at all!

Soldato
That worked out pretty well :D
Took it in Thursday late afternoon. Got a call Saturday lunchtime to say it was ready to collect.
Collected it this afternoon and besides replacing the battery and top case, they replaced the screen too as it failed midway through repair.
Not bad at all!

Glad you got it all sorted in the end, nice bonus about the screen :cool: Would have personally hated that to happen shortly after getting the battery issue resolved.

Great Apple customer service as always

Back
Top Bottom