optic package on the way, advice?

Associate
Ive bought the Optic package and read lots of threads, just wondering about setup as it will be in my "mancave" room. Any advice for set up and first games that arent included? Oh and do I need to do anything to play VR in F1 etc or Alien Isolation? Sorry for too many questions, just wondering as mine is in in build at OCUK andwant to know if theres anything more i need for setup, the random stars confuse me.....
Thanks

Soldato
Games to install straight away:

Robo recall
Rec room

Things to prepare:
Suggest wall mounting the sensors (the camera unscrews and uses a standard tripod mount.) I picked up some cheap adhesive mounts for like £3 each

Make as much space as you can! Rearrange your furniture to allow a nice square space, but if you have to compromise, width seems most important as long as you have a good 1.5 to 2m depth. The depth is more so you can reach down to pick stuff up in game without smacking your head on your desk.

Soldato
if it bothers you, I believe this build has 2x USB3 ports on the back and one on the front - so you will technically need to plug one sensor in to the front. Just so you know! Someone on reddit said they paid for a usb3 card to be installed at the same time so they could use all on the back.

Associate
Definitely Robo Recall. My favourite game right now. Also enjoying The Climb, and Dirt Rally VR. I'm having an issue with Dirt Rally though and a few others as I think my CPU is a bottleneck. My MSI 1080 Gaming X Plus is at 45% usage but my i5 from a year ago is screaming at me hitting 90-98% usage in game lol. Makes for a very juddery drive unless you whack the graphics on ultra low.

Coming into it now though, there's so many titles to catch up on. You won't be disappointed. I've spent a fortune on VR games in the last 2 weeks. :D

I was unsure if I'd made the right choice after I'd bought it, but as soon as I started playing wow. I'm hooked. Standard games aren't getting a look in. :)

Associate
OP
Thanks for all the advice, apparently I have to wait for the next batch of rifts to come in so maybe not till at least the second of august for delivery :(
Devrij - hadnt considered wall mounting, thats a great idea.
Robo recall i think is included so will definitely be installing that ( any review that says you can beat a robot to death with its own arm that you riped off sounds like fun for some reason....)
The climb and dirt rally look amazing, ive never really been an fps person, more ghost recon and rainbow six, not sure if vorpx makes them vr or just different?
Really hope the patch for aliem isolation comes soon, plus is there a resident evil vr for it coming or was that ps4 exclusive?

Back
Top Bottom