2014 VOLKSWAGEN SCIROCCO COUPE 3-DR 2.0 TDI R Line BMT

Associate
It's an amusing thread but give him a break, everyone loves getting a new car. I was hyped to pick up a slightly battered C2 VTS not so many years ago.

Soldato
I picked up a 2.0tsi 18 months ago as mentioned 210bhp standard admittedly I wouldn't have gone for a diesel, but speed wasn't the reason for buying the 2L for me, that said I do much prefer mine to a friends ST and another's astra vxr both inside and out. But that's personal preference leave the guy to enjoy his car.

Associate
Nice colour choice, shame about the diesel :p Is this the version with the 3 gauge pods in the centre?
I think they missed a trick visually with these in never offering staggered wheels with a greater -ve offset on the rear.

Associate
Nice looking car I am sure you will like it, I have been driving VW's for the last 15 years with no major issues at all.

Cheers all

Soldato
Dav4 makes me laugh, slates everyone's car yet drives a 1984 cortina I mean ST220 :)
If you have ever read any of my previous posts u will see my 220 is a stop gap until I decide what I really want.
Don't try and belittle me because I'm driving a 3k car at the minute like I am not worthy of an opinion on certain cars. I could go and get a brand new ST tomorrow if I wanted but I struggle to keep cars 12 months let alone 2-3 years.
If any of you guys really are into cars then you will surely share my hatred of stupid modern diesels tarted up to look like hot hatch performance cars! I mean look at it with its 19 inch wheels and R badges slapped onto a 140bhp diesel.
They should be reserved for the real performance cars like the 310bhp Golf R.

Soldato
If any of you guys really are into cars then you will surely share my hatred of stupid modern diesels tarted up to look like hot hatch performance cars! I mean look at it with its 19 inch wheels and R badges slapped onto a 140bhp diesel.

I get where you're coming from, but why should you or I have the authority on what manufacturers can or cannot do?

The first car that I had when I was younger (not happy about writing that, now feel old at 33) and actually liked was an A3 "sport". If i could possibly have bought one with the same engine, that looked like an S3 I would have had it in a heartbeat. I would have been happy, the insurance man would have been happy and the seller would have been happy. Manufacturers have clearly caught on to this and seen an opportunity to make some cash.

If you spend much time in Europe you'll notice it's also pretty much an exclusively UK thing - the rest either want basic, cheap motoring or care far more about spec than bling.

If anything I prefer it when you need to know what you're actually looking at to tell if something has a little bit of power. When you're in the mood it can lead to some rather confused faces from other interested parties.......

Last edited:
Soldato
If you have ever read any of my previous posts u will see my 220 is a stop gap until I decide what I really want.

this is a fair point. It kind of dilutes the 'actual' sports versions

Soldato

agreed!

woman at work had a new car delivered to the office, i look out the window.. Oh wow, is that a new Golf R? Ah nope, its a standard diesel with the R kit fitted. :rolleyes: Don't get me wrong, still a good car but I wish this "it has to be a diesel" culture would fizzle out

Soldato
Lovely car. Very nearly bought the exact same model in white to do my commute.

Laughing at the negative comments. My favourite is the one that mentions that the Scirocco hints of "lives with the parents and has spent all his apprentice money on a lease".

I'd love to know how that conclusion was arrived at.

Back
Top Bottom