Mini-Review: Samsung 40KU6400 as a monitor

Associate
Do you have it like this:

xky8ap.png

Soldato
Can someone help me here, whatever I try I can't get past a 30FPS cap, it's in game mode and the screen info says 4k 60p when you press the middle button on the remote, but all games are capped at 30FPS no matter what settings I use.

Associate
looking at a 43 inch tv / monitor - how does the

SAMSUNG UE43MU6100 43"

fit into the scheme of things?

looking to play mmos like FF14 and ESO principally.

Soldato
Can someone help me here, whatever I try I can't get past a 30FPS cap, it's in game mode and the screen info says 4k 60p when you press the middle button on the remote, but all games are capped at 30FPS no matter what settings I use.

What graphics card are you using, and what type of cable?

I had an issue until I switched to Display Port with a DP > HDMI 2.0 adapter and a good quality HDMI cable.

Soldato
What graphics card are you using, and what type of cable?

I had an issue until I switched to Display Port with a DP > HDMI 2.0 adapter and a good quality HDMI cable.

Tried it with two different cards and three different cables now. 1080ti and a 1070, three different HDMI cables, all good quality.

I'm not 100% sure what settings I need to use to get it to work, googling brings up nothing except a few similar but not the same sort of issues.

Associate
I received my MU6400 yesterday and had a little play, I noticed that I get a black screen for 2 or 3 seconds when watching youtube/netflix and also when clicking on Nvidia CP settings.

any clues whats happening?

I am using a 780ti and ordered a hdmi 2.0 cable from rainforest see if it helps.

Associate
update.

I installed latest nvidia 384.94 drivers for my 780ti and now my tv is displaying "Mode not supported" ?

Do I too need a display adaptor?

cheers

*edit* I've pulled plug from mains and reset the tv back to original settings but still no luck, tv wont pick up pc anymore :/

Last edited:
Associate
Fixed my "Mode not supported" issue.

I am unable to run UHD Colour using my 780ti so just switched it back.

might try a display adaptor see how I get on.

Associate

Double check your refresh rate whilst in game mode on the desktop, try to manually set 60hz via display adapter properties > list all modes. If that doesn't work switch to PC mode, game mode is crappy 4:2:2 and not worth the IQ degradation imo.

Associate
This screen is not curved. Do we need a curve for a monitor of this size?

My previous monitor (ultrawide) was curved. On moving back to a flat screen it actually appeared to be curving the other way and I struggled to get used to it - after a couple of weeks I stopped noticing.

Soldato
How do these screens cope with 1080p input? I'm fine with 4K for my Mac but I've only got a lowly PS3 and it'd be nice to know that the upscaling (or whatever the technical term is) works like a charm.

Back
Top Bottom