*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Need some advice from seasoned Switch players before I fire mine up for the first time.

I've not got a Micro SD card currently. Do I need to get one before I start creating save files? I read previously that saves cannot be moved to card from the console, is this still the case or has an update fixed this yet?

Thanks. CN.

Man of Honour
Need some advice from seasoned Switch players before I fire mine up for the first time.

I've not got a Micro SD card currently. Do I need to get one before I start creating save files? I read previously that saves cannot be moved to card from the console, is this still the case or has an update fixed this yet?

Thanks. CN.

No you don't, you can transfer it all later.

By that I mean everything that can be put on an SD card can be moved there at any time.

Last edited:
Associate
You currently can't move save files from the console memory I don't think.

Loving splatoon 2 finally just got to level 10 , onto ranked next :D ...
What's everyone's weapon of choice ? Mines been the aerospray but just tried the splattershot pro that's got some range !

I've been trying a different weapon each time I play so I don't really have a favourite yet, but I did try the aerospray and it's actually one of my least favourite so far. I'll probably end up with a few favourites that I cycle between.

Man of Honour
You currently can't move save files from the console memory I don't think.

I've been trying a different weapon each time I play so I don't really have a favourite yet, but I did try the aerospray and it's actually one of my least favourite so far. I'll probably end up with a few favourites that I cycle between.

Aerospray is broken in unranked, but useless once you get to ranked.

My favourite by far is the Jet Squelcher.

Soldato
I teathered my phone in order to download Overcooked and the Splatoon update over night. Woke up to a text from Three that I've gone over my roaming limit and have been billed £36. Expensive game and update. :o

Permabanned
Really loving splatoon 2 atm. I'm always like 'just one more game.

I'm pretty happy the motion control when playing docked (and the joycons in the controller grip)... I think it works pretty well.

But I find handheld abit more difficult as I'm tilting the screen away (and it's not comfortable if I play it parallel to the ground).

I hope Nintendo start selling docks seperate. I'd like to be able to take it docked from my living room to my bedroom

Edit: just find out they do sell a dock seperate. Unfortunately it's £79.99 which is a massive rip off for what is essentially just a hdmi pass thru

Last edited:
Soldato
Picked up splatoon yesterday and so far enjoying it. I think it will be better in ranked play so will work towards that. Sp seems fun too.

Only thing is this really amplifies my joy con connection issues if I sit back on the sofa. :( can't justify a pro controller and now want to play so don't want to be without the joycons :( will just sit closer

Last edited:
Soldato
Well have ordered splatoon 2 after figuring out my system wasn't borked. Was getting some major Y+ axis drift. Just noticed there are calibration options and these seem to have sorted it out in BOTW though i have turned them off again because the motion in that isn't exactly great.

Man of Honour
Well have ordered splatoon 2 after figuring out my system wasn't borked. Was getting some major Y+ axis drift. Just noticed there are calibration options and these seem to have sorted it out in BOTW though i have turned them off again because the motion in that isn't exactly great.

It's useful in botw but not necessary.

Back
Top Bottom