Sold my BMW but its Sorn

Caporegime
What is the crack with the guy coming to collect it?

Can I transfer ownership there and then on my ipad?

I'm a tad worried by it tbh

Any helpful advice appreciated...

Associate
Same as you do if it's taxed. Tax doesn't transfer anyway, so new keeper must sorn or tax it there and then. Transfer is immediate if done online.

Associate
If it's MOT'd and he puts tax on it and has insurance he can. :p

Edit:- In reality if you want to just cover yourself, whether or not he drives it away is his problem. Just make sure you transfer it to him and cancel your insurance (if applicable) before he leaves.

Caporegime
OP
If it's MOT'd and he puts tax on it and has insurance he can. :p

Edit:- In reality if you want to just cover yourself, whether or not he drives it away is his problem. Just make sure you transfer it to him and cancel your insurance (if applicable) before he leaves.

Its has no MOT , I have no insurance....How do I transfer it to him? In fact in the time its taken to start this thread I have just checked my phone after it died earlier and he sent me a message saying his mate was picking it up....

Man of Honour
Can he drive it?
That is not your concern.

Its has no MOT , I have no insurance....How do I transfer it to him? In fact in the time its taken to start this thread I have just checked my phone after it died earlier and he sent me a message saying his mate was picking it up....
You fill in the V5C with his details and give him the green bit. You then post the V5C to the DVLA. It isn't difficult, read the form.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man of Honour
Sold my bike while sorn a couple of weeks ago. Guy turned up filled in v5c bits got him to sign a receipt with date/time on gave him the new owners slip and told him to sod off and enjoy it.
Filled in the online transfer the next morning, had confirmation in the post exactly a week later saying it all went through.

About as simple as it gets. The date/time on a signed receipt meant whatever he got caught for after that time was not my issue.

Back
Top Bottom