US Web Hosting Recommendations

Soldato
A friend of mine in the US is looking for a basic, small-scale web host for her new business, and has asked me for advice despite my knowing practically nothing about US hosting :p

I was wondering if anyone here happened to have any personal recommendations for US hosts along the same sort of vein as TSO in the UK? Trying to search for 'US Web Hosting' or even looking on US forums seems to be a bit of a minefield; every one I've looked at so far seems horribly cheap / naff / suspect ('unlimited' bandwidth etc.).

She only wants to pay $5-6 a month and needs only fairly basic PHP support. I think ~30GB storage and 500GB bandwidth would be more than enough for her image-heavy site, from what she says.

Thank you in advance for any recommendations at all!

Dup

Dup

Soldato
My dad and I many years ago used Westhost. We used them from the UK simply becasue they were offering decent deals and were great to deal with.

I can't 100% confirm say what they're like now. My dad passed away last year and left over a westhost reseller account with a few customers on there. He'd had it years though and it wasn't even cPanel, some very old legacy service they had and I'm stuck with that till I migrate it over to my Krystal account. I'm very sure their new offerings are much better!

They're worth a look anyway and seem to be in budget. They only dealt with me in US hours which isn't an issue and have been going for a very very long time and never had any complaints.

https://www.westhost.com/

Soldato
for 5-6 dollars a month you could get a VPS with linnode, digital ocean, maybe AWS even using lightsail, you'd get fantastic connection, speeds etc using that route but obviously then you have to know about managing the server.

Soldato
OP
for 5-6 dollars a month you could get a VPS with linnode, digital ocean, maybe AWS even using lightsail, you'd get fantastic connection, speeds etc using that route but obviously then you have to know about managing the server.

This is what I would do, but she wants a managed service and I don't want to get involved in running anything for her.

Permabanned
You can also try Rshosting.Com they offer both US and UK hosting with good managed service available. I have used them for few of my project , what I liked about them was there support.

Back
Top Bottom