Associate
That set up should pull about 500W. So a 650W to 750W PSU is probably plenty. Just trying to help scrape a few pennies off.

Consider an NVME M.2 drive like the Samsung PRO 960.

They aren't considerably more expensive than a regular SSD and since you are looking to splash out then why not. Might have we'll have the latest and greatest.

Also, we are literally weeks away from Coffee Lake. A lot of people are holding off an Intel build until they see what the new 6 core 12 thread i7 is like.

Associate
OP
thanks for your advice
i think i will wait until the new i7 to see how its is, if will worth the money.
and one more question do you think it worth to change everything for watercooler?
thank you

Associate
If you mean open loop custom water-cooling then it is considerably better than a closed loop AIO such as that Corsair unit.

It is also considerably more expensive and would require regular maintenance, at least once per year you would need to flush and replace the coolant.

Water cooling is more of a niche thing for serious overclockers. Most people get by without. I am considering water cooling my next PC myself but the cost and effort involved is something that puts me off.

Associate
Custom loop cooling is the last thing a noob should do. There's no need for even AIO liquid cooling. A large air heatsink is more reliable, more fault tolerant, and more than enough cooling for most people.
On high end chips like the i7 K chips the overclocking is more for e-peen than actual practicality these days. You don't need to OC a modern K sku i7 for gaming. Won't improve anything.

Your build is good. A bit overkill on power supply.

As was mentioned the new 6 core i7s are coming in like a month or two at the most. Rumor has it the new 6 core will sell for what the 4 core sells for now, so definitely worth the wait to get more cores for the same price.

Also worth mentioning is AMD Ryzen. The 1800X would be well worth your consideration, if you are after a high end machine.

BTW I notice your build only has a single 500GB SSD. That's not enough honestly, not if you're a hardcore gamer. I have almost 3TB of storage and I've filled it all up just with game installs. Remember that some game installs on PC these days approach 100GB!!! (seriously).

Associate
OP
Yeah im gonna stick with this build like that. i want a good computer to be fine for a few years because long time i don't play on the computer now i don't even have one. Playing on ps4 is more hard then playing with a keyboard and a mouse.

So the power supply is a bit to much?

About the storage i didn't put more on the list because i already have like 3 disc from anothers computers they are not like old but not brand new they are sata.
I never try ssd before I'm sure they are fast as hell I'm like curious about that.
Man 3TB you are a hell of a player!!! Thats a lot of data!

About the all the built it comes already with all the cables? Like power supply, video card, etc?
And which fans should i get?

Caporegime
What do Intel normally do with pricing when they introduce new models? Will the Coffee Lake CPUs come in at the same price as the current Kaby Lake ones (and they get reduced in price) or do they come in higher?

Associate
OP
I think they will come a little more expensive because it's a new thing they will sell anyway so for sure they will put a little bit more higher price.
This is what i think let's see.
I think i will start buys all the parts separately and i will live the cpu for last i don't wanna buy a 3000 desktop in a month i mean i would like but i can't everything straight away.

Back
Top Bottom