best way of transfering large files

Associate
Getting my optic system tomorrow and want to transfer some large files ( some over 50gb) is there an easy way to do this? homegroup maybe ? I would hage used onedrive but the free 1 tb ended now so lost a lot of data

Associate
OP
its just files on the hardrive on my laptop going to the new system ( will be just connected via my wifi router)

Soldato
Optic system?

its just files on the hardrive on my laptop going to the new system ( will be just connected via my wifi router)

Right, but where's the new system? On the LAN or out in the internet?

In the LAN, connect both machines by ethernet cable and use a network share as Nikumba says (homegroup or otherwise).

Soldato
If your router has 1GbE ports, and your laptop and new system both support 1GbE links then just cable them up. A 50Gb file shouldn't take anymore than 10 mins to transfer.

Associate
OP
Optic system?

Right, but where's the new system? On the LAN or out in the internet?

In the LAN, connect both machines by ethernet cable and use a network share as Nikumba says (homegroup or otherwise).

Will both be connected wirelessly to the router, i have an old cat 5 cable if that would help?

sharing a folder seems the easiest way ( Yhanks Woden)

Associate
Files are on the laptop? Remove the lappy hard drive and connect it temporarily to the mobo on the new system. Copy files and put drive back into laptop.

Back
Top Bottom