Alternative to LG B6 OLED?

Associate
Hi all,

At the end of August I will be looking to buy a new TV, the LG B6 is a great set and will probably be the one I will be going for, but at the moment the prices don't seem to be budging (still sitting around €1900).

So my question is, what sets are a good alternative to them?

Soldato
Stock seems to be disappearing here, you could get some for 1650 EUR a few weeks ago.

1850 seems cheapest at the mo. I don't expect them to be available for much longer.

Associate
OP
Stock seems to be disappearing here, you could get some for 1650 EUR a few weeks ago.

1850 seems cheapest at the mo. I don't expect them to be available for much longer.
Yeah thats what I was thinking, and the reason on asking for a decent replacement, here in Holland there seems to be enough stock but the price staying around the 2k mark is not ideal.

Soldato
Caporegime
Kind of the same dilemma I'm in, no chance of bagging a b6 now.

So thinking of getting either the Panasonic 58" dx902b like the one I had before it was damaged or going for the Sony one mentioned above.

Not sure what major differences there are between the 2 other than the Panasonic having a larger screen by 3"'s and not using android as it's operating system.

The Sony does look nice, had a look at one earlier today.

Panasonic is 1499 with 6 yr warranty compared to the Sony at 1399 with a 6 yr warranty.

Really need to decide soon. Any thoughts??

Soldato
I got the 902B and its quite immense. (65 inches for £1799)

Only other TV I'd go for instead is the ZD9 which is 1.3k more.

If I didn't use the TV as a PC monitor, I'd want to get an OLED but I personally want 65 inches and at 65 inches they're still incredibly over priced, even last years models.

Caporegime
I got the 902B and its quite immense. (65 inches for £1799)

Only other TV I'd go for instead is the ZD9 which is 1.3k more.

If I didn't use the TV as a PC monitor, I'd want to get an OLED but I personally want 65 inches and at 65 inches they're still incredibly over priced, even last years models.
Yes the one I had was the 58" version, which was damaged and can't be fixed.

I've found one for £1200 the 58" version of the 902b but only comes with a one yr warranty and I'd ideally want a 5-6 yr warranty like currys, richer sounds or John Lewis.

Soldato
Yes the one I had was the 58" version, which was damaged and can't be fixed.

I've found one for £1200 the 58" version of the 902b but only comes with a one yr warranty and I'd ideally want a 5-6 yr warranty like currys, richer sounds or John Lewis.
I saw a 65 inch refurb on ebay today whilst searching for plasma prices.

Caporegime
Well went to my local richer sounds and they have a c6 for £1485.

Tempted to get it but I loathe curved screens although the curve isn't too bad from what the guy was saying. Did say to him that if I do decide to buy it then I'd want it setup so I can see it properly. Said that wouldn't be an issue.

Hmmm still deciding lol.

Back
Top Bottom