MacBook Pro Stains (AKA Staingate)

Man of Honour
It seems my current MacBook Pro is suffering from screen stains and having done a little Google it seems an issue causing issues for many. Wondered if anyone here has suffered this and if so, what have Apple done for you?

http://www.staingate.org

Man of Honour
I've noticed this on mine but didn't even really see it as an issue considering it's a few years old but if I can get it sorted for a 15 minute train journey I might have to pop over to Brum at some point!

Soldato
It's a late 2013 model, are they likely to want to charge me for this as it's old and well out of warranty?

I have the same model for you. I've had the problem for ages but only got around to getting this fixed two weeks ago. Booked an appointment and took my machine into the Regents Street store on the Friday. Got a text to say it was ready to pick up on the Sunday.

The person serving me was well aware of the replacement scheme. No bother at all.

Soldato
It's a late 2013 model, are they likely to want to charge me for this as it's old and well out of warranty?

Although it wasn't as old as yours, I just had a 2015 one done well out of warranty, with no charge. The chap who dealt with me said that there was a repair / replacement programme under which it was covered.

Soldato

So is mine.

Known manufacturing fault thus covered under the 6 year EU rules (I think this is what was stated on the invoice!)

Free repair, handed in Monday evening, had it back a Friday evening.

Soldato
Wow I didnt realise this was something covered for free.

I have a 2014 MacBook Pro which is out of warranty. Is it just a matter of booking an app at the Genius bar and they'll repair it no questions asked?

Back
Top Bottom