Looking to enter pc gaming.

Associate
Im new to pc gaming and looking for a set up that will allow me to play a variety of games at good quality. Im looking to invest into pc gaming however i have very limited knowledge of pcs and what is good and so im open to suggestions and help from others.

Soldato
Do you have a monitor already and if so what is it resolution?

Also, does it have to be a pre-build - if you could muster up the courage to build the system yourself (you tube tutorials) you will get a lot more spec/quality for your money. Plus, intimate knowledge of your components and save on troubleshooting parts in the future...

*cough* @Danny75 *cough* sleepy...

Associate
OP
Well the monitor and peripherals are sorted. Think its just a simple samsung LED monitor and a family friend is giving me an old pc i can learn on however as my first im looking at a prebuild

Soldato
Afraid i don't do pre-builds but will leave you with an example of a far superior spec for similar money plus it will have longevity for for future upgrades (or motherboard failure as 1151 is near end of life) - but you would have to build the system yourself.

If you're at all interested i'll search out some youtube tutorials for you (it reallly isn't that difficult) and also if you did decide to build i and others here would be able to guide you through the process on the forums.

Example of what you could get for similar money if built yourself:

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £716.69
(includes shipping: £12.30)

Food for thought - hopefully @Danny75 or similar will be around soon to guide you through a pre-build if you're still not comfortable with building yourself - which is totally understandable.

Soldato
You get more performance building yourself in this instance (and as usual if not always). Looking at Plec's spec, the 1600 will last a lot longer than an i5-6400 (clock speed on that one not very good), and a GTX 1050Ti for a few pounds more is very much worth it. Better PSU too.

If you are decided on pre-built, then this alternative Intel i5 + GTX 1050Ti might be worth considering:

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £672.01
(includes shipping: £11.70)

You can open a thread in the Customer Services forum and ask them for a build quote. Sometimes it isn't that much.

Compared to the Kinetic H1 prebuilt, with this spec you lose the 2TB HDD, can add one later on and the QS-240 case fits more drives than the Kolink and has a window. The Nova in Plec's spec fits a nice amount of drives too if you prefer.

You gain a 600MHz faster processor and the considerably faster 1050Ti with double the video memory which is good these days. And a better quality SSD than the Kingston UV400. Plus better PSU as well.

Soldato
Thanks Danny - night ;)

EDIT: And don't excuse my case i just added one to fit budget example - knackered :D

Associate
OP
You guys have really helped a lot tbh. I was reccommended to the overclockers forums by a friend on discord. Ill have a solid think about those two builds and of course ask more questions to get a better knowledge

Soldato
You guys have really helped a lot tbh. I was reccommended to the overclockers forums by a friend on discord. Ill have a solid think about those two builds and of course ask more questions to get a better knowledge

I should be asleep...

Good idea - look into Ryzen as you get more bang for your buck and the platform is about as future proof as you can get with hardware.

Danny outlined all the benefits of the better component choices so you hopefully have a pretty good idea of the bonus/savings of building the system yourself. His i5 spec being a good direct comparison.

As mentioned YouTube can help demistify the build process and I and others have helped numerous members lose their component assembling virginity. Can't guarantee it will be a trouble free experience but the satisfaction and knowledge you would gain, coupled with a superior spec, once assembled, would be well worth it.

But, again, if you choose to have it built totally understandable.

...definitely off to bed now.

Back
Top Bottom