Adding Fan

Associate
OK, what you'll need to do is:

1. Unplug your PC from the power socket and press the power button a couple of times

2. Open your case up - should be a couple of screws at the back of the case you can remove to take the side panel off (on the left hand side as you look at the front of the PC)

3. Have a look inside, and measure the width of the CPU fan (will likely be 92mm, 120mm or 140mm)

Feel free to post a pic on here and we'll be able to help you out. Might also help if you confirm if you're adding a fan to the CPU cooler, or just to the case.

Soldato
Can you tell us the brand and model of your computer? Maybe you could look at computer properties and tell us what motherboard, CPU, RAM and GPU it says you have.

Soldato
Motherboard image rather low res on Dell site but worst case scenario is that it has 1x 4 pin PWM connector for which you could use a splitter.

The case is pretty small and I do wonder where exactly another fan would actually go physically? Also what do you hope to gain?

Associate
The cooling arrangement on that PC seems very similar cooling arrangement to the Corsair 600. I don't know if it has a front mounted fan but honestly it wouldn't make much sense if it didn't. Personally I think there would be much to be gained by adding a second front fan or just replacing the fan that is already there with a much better one. Something like a Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-P - 120mm PWM (2000rpm). But honestly I can't be 100% sure here without seeing inside the PC itself. What I would do is go on to an HP forum and specifically suggest replacing/adding the/a front fan with one of those and see what people say!

Back
Top Bottom