Upgrade check - £350 bundle

Associate
OP
They stated that the bios had been flashed.

Argh I was hoping to avoid that assuming I had missed something simple. I will direct them to this thread thank you fro the advice.

Soldato
No problem lozza best of luck with it - I can imagine your frustration.

If you do end up disassembling I would try the skeleton setup outside of the case - shorting the pins to start. Belt and braces etc...

Associate
OP
I think you are right I will have to give this a go. It just feels like something so easy I am missing.... :)

Thanks again guys I will keep the thread up to date.

Man of Honour
Just a quick note, the Truepower Trio was quite a poor psu and JonnyGuru only gave it 7.5/10 in this review. Not only that but it came out in 2006 so is 11 years old now so really could do with replacing anyway. Double check that the 8pin and 24 pin plugs are pushed in all the way as some boards can be really fiddly when inserting them (mine is terrible for the 24 pin). Do you have another psu or can you borrow another to test with?

Soldato
I agree with pasty - I should have put more emphasis on your PSU, when suggesting you should consider an update, but knew your budget was an issue (especially as we pushed it's limits with the initial purchase).

In theory the skeleton setup should boot if all components are OK - but there is the slim possibility that the PSU just isn't up to the task - even with the TDP discrepancy in favour of the Ryzen.

As mentioned above if you could get your hands on another PSU it would be a good component to rule out and guarantee a relatively stress free returns.

Associate
OP
It was very quick when I actually managed to get a boot up. I found the culprit in the end. A bent pin on the chip! possibly manufacturing issue more likely to be hamfisted user error which both would and would not surprise me.

Thank you all for the support trying to get this working. It is up and running and benchmarking/stress testing. I will keep a close eye on the PSU!

Back
Top Bottom