Spider Population Explosion?

Soldato
Is it me or is there a massive increase in spider numbers in the last month? I've evicted at least a dozen from the house in the past few days.

Normally I'm not bothered but lots of them are the things with massive long spindly legs and a tiny body which creeps me out. The little scuttling fellas or the reasonably sized house spiders I tend to leave be.

Soldato
I've seen some but spiders are the least of my worries, a wasp nest isn't that far from my window so I have to watch out for those buggers more than anything.

Soldato
Two of the big bad house spiders on my bed in the last week. Nothing freaks me out like those things. In NZ I have potentially flesh rotting white tails in the house frequently and even they dont bother me as much as seeing a big dark shadow scuttling across the duvet at night over here.

Soldato
The house I am in now has a lot more windows than my old one, and has more of the house at ground level too.

My last house was a story up (flat over garages) which meant I didn't see too many spiders.

I have definitely seen quite a few more spiders than usual recently.

I have a rule, no spiders in the house, I boot them out if I find them :)

Soldato
Never kill them, pick them up and put them outside.

It annoys me when people kill house spiders, they are harmless.

I was watching a repeat of QI the other week and Stephen Fry asked where the natural habitat of a house spider was, Alan Davis buzzes in and says the house......which was correct. Fry then said if you chuck them outside, they will die :o

Don
Soldato
OP
But, when you are a fairy like me?? I hate the bloody things.
Beer glass and a bit of paper. Hardly any spiders will try and bite you in the UK and even if they did the majority won't pierce the skin.

I can honestly say I've never been bitten and I've handled more than I've had hot dinners.

Back
Top Bottom