Skoda

Soldato
fancy getting a new car and been looking at Skoda Octavia 184 vRS Diesel and Ocatvia Scout 4x4 184 Diesel

Scout is quicker than the VRs off the mark due to the 4x4

vRS has more toys and bi xenon as standard

Soldato
lmfy2k;30486161 said:
fancy getting a new car and been looking at Skoda Octavia 184 vRS Diesel and Ocatvia Scout 4x4 184 Diesel

Scout is quicker than the VRs off the mark due to the 4x4

vRS has more toys and bi xenon as standard

Dad has just ordered the new 2017 2.0TDI SEL DSG Estate, May delivery.

VRS specs were not in the brochure, just went up to L&K, are those coming out later?

Reviews of the new facelift model started to trickle in yesterday.

Associate
Hi all,

is there a site similar to the ford one where you can check the build information of a specific car? ETIS or something? I'm looking at a number of Octavia VRS and wanted to get an idea of the specs.

Associate
Not off registration or VIN like Etis or the BMW VIN decoders. A sticker in the boot and service book (If it has one) has the option codes which can be looked up online, but it's not easy to get the codes in the first place.

Most options can be spotted from pictures if you're talking about the MK3.

Soldato
My 2010 Octavia VRS has just died again!

Within a few months:

New intake manifold £600

3 weeks ago, Timing chain death rattle - £1012

Today - it's started popping out of gear (it's a DSG) and the ESP Fault light comes on. Also the Engine management light is now on too

It'd go from D6 (or whatever gear) to just showing D, with no drive. IT has happened every now and again and usually sorted itself out. Today though I'd have to pull over and restart the car.

Guess this is gonna cost more $$$$$ :( :( :(

Associate
So after a couple of visits to the local Skoda dealer this weekend I'm picking up a 2015 Octavia VRS Estate TDi to replace my aging 2.0 TDI Jetta. So far we've had really good customer service from Marshalls in Reading. happy days :)

Soldato
My 2010 Octavia VRS has just died again!

Within a few months:

New intake manifold £600

3 weeks ago, Timing chain death rattle - £1012

Today - it's started popping out of gear (it's a DSG) and the ESP Fault light comes on. Also the Engine management light is now on too

It'd go from D6 (or whatever gear) to just showing D, with no drive. IT has happened every now and again and usually sorted itself out. Today though I'd have to pull over and restart the car.

Guess this is gonna cost more $$$$$ :( :( :(

I had the intake manifold go - managed to get some goodwill, however it still set me back around £350.
Not had the timing chain problem. At last service I spoke with the dealership and asked them to make sure it "looked" ok and to advise on pre-emptive pulley replacement. I was told that I had a revised, but not newest version of said pulleys and that I could have the work done if I liked, but they weren't advising it should be done.
Mine's a 2011, so I guess things did change in a year. But it's the one fault I obviusly don't want to experience.

Associate
Looking to upgrade to a bigger car in the near future and from reading "spec me" posts on here I keep seeing the Superb suggested which does appeal to me. I only do about 10k a year so was looking at petrol which does limit the number of Superbs available. I was hoping someone more knowledgeable than me could have a look at this advert and give me an idea of whether it is a good price / spec etc. My knowledge of cars is limited and I bought my current one 10 years ago.

Top top budget is 15k but would ideally like to keep it around the 12k mark.

Cheers

Caporegime
I'm on the verge of getting a vRS. Being in the military and living overseas does have its perks! We can get brand new cars tax free plus military discount on top. I've just priced up a brand new Octavia vRS which came in at just under £30k and with all discounts applied I could get it for just shy of £16,741 excluding all import/registration costs etc.

aditional extras include...

• KESSY - Keyless entry and start system
  • Rear side airbags
  • Heated windscreen
  • Sunset glass
  • Temporary space saver spare wheel
  • Black design package
  • Columbus touchscreen satellite navigation system with European maps and colour Maxi DOT computer
  • Wireless phone charging with Bluetooth+ and Wi-Fi
  • Electrically heated, adjustable and folding door mirrors - auto dimming
  • Front and rear heated seats
  • Canton sound system (10 speakers, digital equaliser, subwoofer)
  • SmartLink
  • Front assistant
  • Heated washer nozzles, front
  • Park distance control, front and rear
  • Crew Protection Assistant
  • Rear-view parking camera
  • High beam assistant

Im seriously tempted by this but I think I may have to convince the wife first :(

Noakesy, can you send me details of this?

Currently looking myself. But can't find a deal this good! Best I can find is about £18~ for the estate VRS.

Soldato
Noakesy, can you send me details of this?

Currently looking myself. But can't find a deal this good! Best I can find is about £18~ for the estate VRS.
Given he was looking in November 2016, he was probably finding deals for the last few months of the pre facelift, whereas you'll be looking at facelift cars, so the deals he was looking at were probably additionally discounted too.

Caporegime
Given he was looking in November 2016, he was probably finding deals for the last few months of the pre facelift, whereas you'll be looking at facelift cars, so the deals he was looking at were probably additionally discounted too.

Yeah I noticed that after I posted. :(

Been given a quote of £20k for the new 245, which is higher than I expected...

Soldato
I'm going to be changing my car in November (I'm on Motability) and went to look at the facelifted Octavia vRS (230) Estate yesterday and really liked what I saw. I'm currently in a Seat Leon FR ST, pre 2016/17 facelift (1.4 TFSI with ACT 150PS) which has been great car. The facelift Leon ST is my other car I'm considering. I realise they are both pretty much identical underneath as they are both built on the VAG MQB platform.

I'm keen to keep the current level of equipment I have in my Leon, if I decide to go with the Octavia but also open to advice as to what options you think are a must on the vRS.

The options that bring the Octavia up to my current Leon are:

Variable boot floor (PK3) £150
Heated windscreen (PH5) £300
Heated front seats (PW0) £250
Heated washer nozzles in front (9T1) £50
Electrically heated, adjustable and folding door mirrors - auto dimming (PW4) £175
Front and rear parking sensors (7X2) £350

Is their anything there that you think I'm potentially wasting money on?

Soldato
I don't have the variable boot floor but I do have everything else.

I really like the heated screen, nozzles and seats. It isn't freezing cold over here all the time but it's so much easier to melt away your windscreen and be off quickly in the winter than stand outside scraping. Helps with any condensation also.

I've got the pre facelift 230. It has a great spec as standard. I did add Android Auto/Apple Car Play which is great to have.

tef

tef

Associate
I'm going to be changing my car in November (I'm on Motability) and went to look at the facelifted Octavia vRS (230) Estate yesterday and really liked what I saw. I'm currently in a Seat Leon FR ST, pre 2016/17 facelift (1.4 TFSI with ACT 150PS) which has been great car. The facelift Leon ST is my other car I'm considering. I realise they are both pretty much identical underneath as they are both built on the VAG MQB platform.

I'm keen to keep the current level of equipment I have in my Leon, if I decide to go with the Octavia but also open to advice as to what options you think are a must on the vRS.

The options that bring the Octavia up to my current Leon are:

Variable boot floor (PK3) £150
Heated windscreen (PH5) £300
Heated front seats (PW0) £250
Heated washer nozzles in front (9T1) £50
Electrically heated, adjustable and folding door mirrors - auto dimming (PW4) £175
Front and rear parking sensors (7X2) £350

Is their anything there that you think I'm potentially wasting money on?
Virtual cockpit :p

I think apple carplay/android auto are standard but still worth double check.

Back
Top Bottom