Associate
after reading posts and reviews just ordered
I7 7820 cpu
17.3 uhd screen
Gtx 1080 8gb
256 ssd
1tb hdd
32 go ram
All in price direct from dell 2039 with 150 cash back total 1879 we'll happy just gotta wait a couple of weeks for delivery anyone have experience with a uhd display

Last edited:
Associate
Hi mate..
the dell is a beast..i bought one had it about a week then sent it back for a refund,
the heat has been a problem (needs re-pasting)
my main issue was the heat coming through the keyboard(wasd keys mainly)

but dont let me talk it down,dont think theres a better priced laptop out there for the spec
i keep looking but cant find nothing

Soldato
after reading posts and reviews just ordered
I7 7820 cpu
17.3 uhd screen
Gtx 1080 8gb
256 ssd
1tb hdd
32 go ram
All in price direct from dell 2039 with 150 cash back total 1879 we'll happy just gotta wait a couple of weeks for delivery anyone have experience with a uhd display

Yes i have the nearing same spec R4 just be careful with external monitor and running applications in 4k, they don't all play how you want rez wise. No idea how you got that for that price though as that is a £3.1k machine.

Associate
OP
Was on dell chat did initially look for a refurb none available so the base machine was 2049 Asked what deal they could do told a small porky and said a friend had this system with the specs initially offered it to me for 2999 but haggled told the guy I would think about it and get back to them then he offered. Me this one couldn't say no been pondering wether I should have opted for the qhd screen as ra ad some good reviews

Associate
wow you got that for a steal, thats basically outlet price! i hope you got the cheaper extended warranty?

personally for gaming I'd have gone for the 120hz gysnc 1440p screen. You could really do with seeing/trying them to see what you prefer.

Associate
OP
Well I get the 14 days return would think the screen should be ok for gaming using 4K screen does that have an extra drain on gpu performance. Didn't see option for extended warranty

Associate
yeah 4k is a real taxing resolution to game at, especially at high frame rates.
When i called up about extending my warranty they said if i'd done it when ordering the machine you can get 3 years for the price of 2. best they'll do me now is a 2year extension for 360.

Associate
yeah absoutely, res is the biggest performance killer. 1440p is high res for a 17" screen and it still can push 120fps in most games i've tried, bf1 with almost every setting on ultra sits around 90-100fps. gysnc makes it look liquid smooth!

Associate
OP
Seriously doubting my purchase starting to wish I had gone for qhd screen will try gow4 and see how it performs don't really wanna send back as great purchase for price but for this sort of money will send back if gaming is not as I hope it will be are all 120hz screen g sync Re the graphics better than on Xbox one which I have been using my current Alienware is 6 years old so had good use out of it hoping this one will last as long

Associate
OP
well got laptop few error problems setting up with call to dell seems to be running ok. cant hear the fans but not actually played any games yet. did a bios update and heard the fans at full speed man they are loud. anyone know of a free benchmark program I can dl for free to stress test this machine

Associate
I also received one of these on Friday. Great machine but way way WAY too loud on the fans when doing even moderate gaming. Checked temps and has all the problems reported elsewhere (90c+ CPU temps under load, 15-20c disparity between cpu cores) so its going back. Shame!

Associate
OP
since Wednesday I have had 6 occasions where I have started the computer to be met by a blue screen saying your computer has ran into a problem and needs to restart there is a barcode picture next to it anyone know what this is as really thinking of sending this back as should be working perfect

Associate
since Wednesday I have had 6 occasions where I have started the computer to be met by a blue screen saying your computer has ran into a problem and needs to restart there is a barcode picture next to it anyone know what this is as really thinking of sending this back as should be working perfect

That definitely isn't right at all. I'd push to send it back (and get qhd screen? :D)

I also received one of these on Friday. Great machine but way way WAY too loud on the fans when doing even moderate gaming. Checked temps and has all the problems reported elsewhere (90c+ CPU temps under load, 15-20c disparity between cpu cores) so its going back. Shame!

Did you buy it new or from the outlet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
OP
Dell collecting tomorrow very good service gutted going back to my 7 year old dell difference is night and day well when I get refunded will start looking for another brand

Back
Top Bottom