The Apple Pencil Thread

Soldato
I know there's topics of this buried in various threads but not one of its own (unless my search skills fail me)

Anyway, who has one?, is it worth buying? and do you use it for none drawing activities?

Also, how are these registered via apple warranty ? Do they have a serial number ? So if I was to buy one used and it went faulty, of under a year old would apple replace under warranty ?

Also how and where do you store it ?

Last edited:
Permabanned
I have one and it’s great. I use it to take notes mainly and annotate PDFs.

A guy recommended a note taking app to me called Nebo which works great with the pencil.

Soldato
Writing course notes and annotating course lecture slides and some drawing.

Have a case I got off Amazon for it which also holds the Lightning adapter you get in the box, cable and some other bits and bobs. Also have a rubber grip thing I got off eBay which makes it a bit more comfortable to hold and stops it rolling off the desk when you put it down.

Caporegime
They are great, way ahead of Microsoft's original surface pen and still ahead of their newer one, in fact if my main priority was to draw with it then I'd have bought an iPad over the surfacebook simply down to the Apple Pencil alone, fortunately the surface pen still does a good job for note taking and annotation.

Soldato
I have the official sleeve for my iPad, which has a handy slot for the Pencil.

It's only worth buying if you intend to draw with it. It has limited usage for other activities. New features in iOS 11, like screenshot annotating, has dramatically increased my desire to draw though.

Back
Top Bottom