Another eBay issue - why do I bother

Soldato
This is the risk with ebay.

Its silly really... My Mate9 nevr works on the first attempt with my fingerprint. Im used to it.

Soldato
Buyers are a nightmare. I sold a phone and the buyer complanied that there was a light scratch on the screen which was a blatant lie. He left his SIM card in the phone when I got in back though lol

Soldato
TBH not much you can do if you get his broken one back on the Ebay side of things.

You can screw him over a little by reporting it stolen, as the IMEI would have been registered to you when you first purchased/used the phone. After reporting it stolen, you will get a reference to give to your phone provider to have it block the phone across all networks. I very much doubt you will get anyone giving you the phone back but at least if you cant have it, no one else can.

Soldato
It might genuinely not have worked for him: massive callouses on his fingers or something. Getting the same phone back in the same condition it was sold says it wasn't a scam.

This isn't a story of ebay woe

Soldato
I've always wondered about the people that eBay employ to look into these things when they're raised, are they all so ******* dumb that they can't see that this is possibly a scam to offload a broken phone in return for the seller's working one?

Associate
I've always wondered about the people that eBay employ to look into these things when they're raised, are they all so ******* dumb that they can't see that this is possibly a scam to offload a broken phone in return for the seller's working one?

I very much doubt it isn't automated. I sell on the bay and I'm constantly bewildered with outcomes in the buyers favour when common sense and any amount of investigation it would go the other way.

Best thing id say is accept the return, state you gave a returns label in the package, even if you didn't and then when the item isn't sent back, speak to them on live chat and you should have the case closed in your favour. Play them at their own game.

I try to do that as much as possible with people trying to scam me and its the only solution. The "i haven't received this" brigade grind my gears.

Back
Top Bottom