TV Licence Super Thread

Man of Honour
So I could watch live football on BT Sport without a TV license? (so long as it is a match they have exclusive rights to)
No as that is not a online only channel. If you haven't noticed it's also on sky and virgin.

As I said the only exception I know is BBC 3 which is covered by the new iplayer law.

Caporegime
No as that is not a online only channel. If you haven't noticed it's also on sky and virgin.

As I said the only exception I know is BBC 3 which is covered by the new iplayer law.

but the see the previous quotation, the TV license website seems to indicate than even an 'online only' channel would require a TV license - I mean say Netflix got the rights to show premier league matches etc..

another example I found this via google from a thread on another forum:

ETF8jn6.png

now UK column seems to be a conspiraloon type channel, they're showing their own content, live, over the internet - so I'm still not clear on where the distinction is

Man of Honour
And as I said the online TV channel purely online requires a license duentoniplayer rules.

As for your example depends if they buy the rights outright or if there's stipulation to then show it on sky/virgin as well.
Also just because a service shows some live stuff does not mean all of it requires a license.

As for random website it's random and no idea of authenticity or what they show.

Soldato
Hi all

I effectively moved out of my property in March 2017, and I have now completely moved out as of the end of July 2017 as I now have a tenant. Between March 2017 and July 2017, I wasn't living at the property and where I was living was already covered by a TV license.

I have applied for and already received a refund for 4 month's worth of TV license. However, I have now just received a letter asking me to provide evidence of when the TV license was no longer needed, despite having already received the refund. I cannot provide any evidence that the license was not needed from March 2017 as all my paperwork about when I 'officially' moved out is dated July 2017 when the tenant moved in, despite me having not lived there for the month's prior. Plus, they have already issued me a refund!

Do you think I should just ignore this letter?

Many thanks

M.

Soldato
Ignore it. I get countless letters from them begging for payment. They all go in the fire.
If you just go online and tell them you don't need a licence, even the letters stop. I used to get very threatening letters that there would be an investigation etc. every month (nothing ever happened). Decided to fill in the thing online and all that's stopped since, no issues at all.

Soldato
If you just go online and tell them you don't need a licence, even the letters stop. I used to get very threatening letters that there would be an investigation etc. every month (nothing ever happened). Decided to fill in the thing online and all that's stopped since, no issues at all.

I moved into a new house recently, was tied down doing other stuff so ignored the letters for a few weeks. As the property was unoccupied for 6 months prior they'd probably been sending letters all that time.

They then authorised "opening an investigation" and "paid me a visit" whilst I was at work.

I filled in the form online leaving out my real name, and using a fake email address. Not heard from them since then.

Will see how that pans out...

Back
Top Bottom