BMW and M Power Owners

Man of Honour
It's the ever changing world of kitkats new company car. Tune in next week when it becomes the fourth different brand in as many months! Will it ever arrive? What will it be? Will he end up in a Prius?

Soldato
It's the ever changing world of kitkats new company car. Tune in next week when it becomes the fourth different brand in as many months! Will it ever arrive? What will it be? Will he end up in a Prius?

Nissan Leaf probably. 530e been delayed well into next year and some issues around features missing on the 530e when it was supposed to be on the car.

Associate
Question for those with the 8speed auto gearbox. I've had my 2016 320d for a year now and I've found the ZF8 gearbox in comfort mode to be pretty much perfect for 90% of driving (with occasional use of sport mode when not stuck in traffic).

For the last few days it seems to be shifting into a higher gear sooner than normal. This means when travelling at, say, 40mph it's at 1000rpm. As soon as there's the slightest incline, or I need to speed up the smallest amount, it'll drop down a gear or 2.

It seems to be shifting up even more than it does in eco pro mode. Has anyone seen this before?

I doubt this is related to the EGR valve issue I had recently but worth mentioning (see a few posts back up this thread).

Caporegime
So I spoke to BMW this morning, apparently it's recommended to regas the AC every two years, is that right? Obviously I'm loathe to pay £145 if this is not going to fix the problem (the AC works, the engine fan just sounds a bit strained when in use).

And they won't get the car back to me this week, as the rear isofix points were being re-welded (a BMW recall campaign rather than any fault with my X3), a spark fused two of the rear speaker wires together so they've ordered replacement cables from Germany but they won't arrive until next week :cry:

In the meantime I've got a 218d tourer to run around in... deceptively spacious inside and has foldable 3rd row seating! Was surprised that the boot space is actually wider than the X3's. The drive though is a bit rubbish, front wheel drive understeers and very poor grip on the front end in the wet (and this is noticeable at Jersey speeds :rolleyes:). On the plus side my boy is loving the big panoramic sunroof and "new car" :D
Looking through my e38's history, it's never had a re-gas but has had the air conditioning system cleaned numerous times (antibacterial flush mentioned) it could do with a re-had now as it's cool rather than cold,but, at 17years old I'd expect this.

Soldato
Good mate.
Been fighting the nearside seat airbag codes but I think I have it licked now. Also 2nd gear whines now but everything else is peachy. Gone thru a set of rear F1's in 2500 miles tho.......

Doing a walnut blast and a remap at the end of the month.

You must drive it quite hard to go through tyres so quickly :o

Man of Honour
You must drive it quite hard to go through tyres so quickly :o

That's insane levels of wear, especially from something like a 125i.

Isn't the walnut blast thing only beneficial for direct injection engines? I'm assuming it's a 1 series coupe therefore it has a conventional injection N52?

Soldato
Good mate.
Been fighting the nearside seat airbag codes but I think I have it licked now. Also 2nd gear whines now but everything else is peachy. Gone thru a set of rear F1's in 2500 miles tho.......

Doing a walnut blast and a remap at the end of the month.

Was gonna ask if you was going to get the remap done, Be nice to have 130i power, let us know how you get on with it.

I'm assuming it's a 1 series coupe therefore it has a conventional injection N52?

Yeah he's got the coupe, that's why I quoted his name, i've been looking at 125i coupes :D

Associate
I have been abusing them hard,mainly as I want to swap over to non RFT Michelin PS4's/PSS.....everything off and all the sideways at every opportunity.
The blasting is precautionary,the last owner run it on supermarket petrol for a loooong time and she has done 155k, I want it in the best possible condition before remapping at Ptorque
You think I am being over reactive perhaps? The money could easily be spent elsewhere...namely a new gearbox!

Gravy,If you are looking at a 125 coupe,you wont regret it.....unless you have more than 1 friend to carry...or want to get more than 35mpg. Couple of things to remember: Dont buy one with Sensatech ,or whatever they call it, seat fabric,its garbage and will breakup. Check the diff for noise/slop/OIL CHANGES!! Also,you need the hands of a Thai hooker to get into the fusebox.
Also,never kneel on the front seats,the seat sensors go postal at any opportunity.

Upside is that a lot of e9X stuff fits,including the m3 dash cluster,rear and front suspension,the m3 LSD with a chopped hybrid prop,135i brakes with the right carrier.... Im going this route eventually,who doesnt want an NA Mlite!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom