• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: ** The AMD VEGA Thread **

On or off the hype train?

• (off) Train has derailed

Votes: 207 39.2%
  • (on) Overcrowding, standing room only

Votes: 100 18.9%
  • (never ever got on) Chinese escalator

Votes: 221 41.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Soldato
I think if you are on a Fury it is worth upgrading.

Yup, and definitely if you are more than one generation behind. Realistically if someone has a 1070/80 then they have upgraded in the last 12 months and they are unlikely to be in the market. If you are on a 970/980 or 390 and looking at your next upgrade this puts AMD realistically in the market at almost every level apart from the ultimate flagship.

Soldato
I'm thinking about skipping this gen, it’s just too much of a nightmare to get a card and now they cost silly money because of mining. Considering just getting a new Xbox when they come out as I play most games with an Xbox controller anyway.

Permabanned
I was/am hoping Vega would really be something special to increase my prospects for making the leap to 4K later this year or early next. Guess I'll go for 2K instead.

Associate
On the expected performance level only price will save Vega. Going to be a tough sell for AMD. Looks like my 290x will be heading into its 5th year. What value ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom