• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: ** The AMD VEGA Thread **

On or off the hype train?

• (off) Train has derailed

Votes: 207 39.2%
  • (on) Overcrowding, standing room only

Votes: 100 18.9%
  • (never ever got on) Chinese escalator

Votes: 221 41.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
But the 1080 has already been thwre

Then keep crying and buy a GTX1080?? Its no point whining about it - some of you were whining about power consumption and pricing,and when you got overexcited at the negative hype train,now its not as bad(and its not brilliant either) in those two metrics,you keep going on and on.

Seriously for your own sanity go and find a cheap GTX1070 and be done with it!! :p

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Got to be quite special to buy that when you can buy a 1080Ti for like £40 more..

Or in the case of the Gigabyte Black edition on here, it's actually cheaper.

Frankly I don't care. As I said previously several times - hell could freeze over before I give NV any more of my money - like Yodel/HDN, Amazon and anything the Murdoch's touch they are on my banned list.

Checkout time was 14:00:00 - though only just got the email at 14:10

Permabanned
Got to be quite special to buy that when you can buy a 1080Ti for like £40 more..

Or in the case of the Gigabyte Black edition on here, it's actually cheaper.

Maybe but I haven't got Prey or Wolfenstien 2 so I'm willing to pay 640 to match it with my Freesync monitor, I'm trying to decide whether to buy a 750 watt EVGA G3 PSU or put my 850 watt TX850 back in my rig now as my newish 650 watt G2 won't cut it. :(

I suppose I'd better go and watch the reviews now.

Soldato
£450 is decent but I will wait for custom cooled cards.
Pleasantly surprised by the price, although it does say "18% off" so expect it to rise significantly shortly. As a side note, aren't there laws about stating things are discounted or having a "was" price when they haven't actually been sold at higher prices for more than a certain amount of time?

So basically the reference RX Vega 64 trades blows with reference GTX 1080 at the same price (currently anyway), yet it uses a lot more power and is a year late. :/

Unless some cracking third party cards appear I doubt I'll be getting one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom