Oculus Rift

Soldato
By all means :)
I ordered on the 9th with standard shipping, so I guess it'll get here when it gets here.

Considering the way my mate drenched the foam in table tennis sweat last night, it's essential if you're like him, or plan to share it with others.
Also, the foam just feels uncomfortable after a little while even if you don't sweat much. Can't wait to get rid of it.
Ordered mine on the 9th too has yours shipped yet? Mine still says processing.

Soldato
I dunno. It's not exactly clear.

When does my order ship?
Ship dates vary depending on destination country and item availability, if you need items by a certain date please contact us first to ensure this is possible. If you order two items with two different shipping dates we will send both at the later point in time. If you want us to ship each item individually please get in touch or place separate orders.

Where are you located and how do you ship?
We are located in Bangkok, Thailand and ship orders via registered mail and DHL. You can expect to receive your order within 10 – 14 days from the day we ship (please refer to the previous question.) We can also send via DHL Global Express worldwide within 2-4 days. This is a more expensive option but works when you need the VR Covers fast.

Do you remember how long it took when you got your Vive cover?

Soldato
A couple of us have the VR covers replacement foam. I did a wee video of what you get a few pages back. I actually like the soft fabric cover more.

Soldato
Just a note, I found the replacement foam very uncomfortable to wear :(

But, the velour cover is really nice. I use stock foam with the velour cover and it's much easier to wear.

Soldato
Hey guys, I'm currently in the US and see the deal for the rift and touch for $399 which is a total bargain! I've been tempted by VR for a while and was leaning towards a Vive but the fact you can get a rift for half the vive has swayed it!

A few questions before I bite the bullet...what is the game availablily like on rift? Can you use steam with it? At the mo mainly want to play elite and the Star Trek and then explore from there. Second issue is power, does the oculus or the detectors have their own power supply? Or are they just USB? If they have power then there might be an issue buying it here in the US.

Is there anything else I should worry about? Warranty isn't too much of an issue so even if it doesn't transfer to UK I'm in the US a lot so can bring it back if any issues.

Soldato
A few questions before I bite the bullet...what is the game availablily like on rift? Can you use steam with it? At the mo mainly want to play elite and the Star Trek and then explore from there. Second issue is power, does the oculus or the detectors have their own power supply? Or are they just USB? If they have power then there might be an issue buying it here in the US.

You should be able to play anything on steam, just depends how well they've mapped the controls

No power sockets, all USB powered

L33

L33

Permabanned
Excellent! Last question, how big is the box it all comes in? Cheers!
Luckily I have the box still waiting to go in the loft so I just measured it: 59x41x19cm for the outer brown box. The Oculus bundle box itself is 53x34x13.5cm.

Associate
Excellent!
Just a couple of things worth mentioning in case you aren't aware. First off, before you can use Steam (or anything external to Oculus Home), look in the Home options and enable external sources.

Secondly, since you mentioned Elite, if you log into your Frontier account and go to the "partner keys" section, you can get a free key for Elite on Oculus Home. While you don't have to, the Home version defaults to launching straight into VR, along with the correct audio settings for using the headset etc.

Soldato
Secondly, since you mentioned Elite, if you log into your Frontier account and go to the "partner keys" section, you can get a free key for Elite on Oculus Home. While you don't have to, the Home version default to launching straight into VR, along with the correct audio settings for using the headset etc.
Does it redownload elite or does it use the steam install?

Soldato
Luckily I have the box still waiting to go in the loft so I just measured it: 59x41x19cm for the outer brown box. The Oculus bundle box itself is 53x34x13.5cm.

Thanks! Can always rely on ocuk. It's a bigger box then I expected but it hopefully should still fit in the suitcase, I can just carry it tho if needed.

Thanks to everyone else for the info, very useful to know when setting it up.

Soldato
Thanks! Can always rely on ocuk. It's a bigger box then I expected but it hopefully should still fit in the suitcase, I can just carry it tho if needed.

Thanks to everyone else for the info, very useful to know when setting it up.
The rift box does have a little rope handle if you do have to carry it

Associate
Just noticed that the Aircar demo has been made public on the Oculus store. This one has been about for a while, but only if you'd managed to get a key from the developer. While there's not much to do apart from fly around, it's a really nice looking tech demo and a good one to use when demoing your Rift. It will also make you want a Blade Runner game, or possibly a remake of G-Police..

Soldato
Just noticed that the Aircar demo has been made public on the Oculus store. This one has been about for a while, but only if you'd managed to get a key from the developer. While there's not much to do apart from fly around, it's a really nice looking tech demo and a good one to use when demoing your Rift. It will also make you want a Blade Runner game, or possibly a remake of G-Police..
Thanks for the heads up!

My library is already getting large (with just free stuff)! They need to improve it to allow you to categorise stuff and/or create sub folders etc!

Back
Top Bottom