• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Associate
I noticed the same too. Not even a cable! Some serious cut backs here!

well displayport can't really be converted to other formats easily (like the old days), these were probably shipped before the driver was even ready so that would explain the lack of a disc; mine had a little quick install guide!

Soldato
So I open my order (£450 worth of Haribo) and there's no Haribo!!! Just some Vega thing.... :(
94H75dT.jpg

Not happy :( I look forward to my sugar rush on receiving OCUK goods ...

Edit: Also to note, got a response about my second order -- they said they oversold the card so now I've got to wait for their next batch :(

Last edited:
Associate
Should have been an owner, waited in all day and then 15:06 I get an email saying my pre-order item will be delivered in September!

Gutted! I've sold my 2 480's already.

Caporegime
Should have been an owner, waited in all day and then 15:06 I get an email saying my pre-order item will be delivered in September!

Gutted! I've sold my 2 480's already.

Ocuk dropped the ball on this launch to say the least, some type of screw up in the warehouse apparently :(

Soldato
In fairness I was actually a bit happy not to get dozens of stickers/posters/etc for once lol.

well displayport can't really be converted to other formats easily (like the old days)
Newer AMD high end cards can't use passive DP to VGA cables like the 280X and older could but they can still use DP to HDMI/DVI and HDMI to DVI. Hence the RX480 coming with a DP to DVI adapter (may have been the Fury Nano actually).

Soldato
Will be interested to read your views on it :)

Sure thing.

Currently got all water kit out, pump, rad obviously tubing disconnected. Now out in the back garden cleaning her up. All fans, filters, cabling, drives, psu all out giving it a right good clean and rewire since I'm in amongst things. Will be back together in an hour or so then will prob have a quick play tonight then tomorrow will look closer at power draws, fps etc.

Permabanned
Not gonna waste peoples time with more pics of the same card design, but this is what's in the Sapphire reference box:

DSC_0286_1.jpg

Kinda lol TBH, looks like they were in a rush so just hacked up the sponge for another box then forgot to put any accessories in (no manual, no cables, not even a driver CD lol). Guess they're struggling to meet demand.

It's a bloomin joke, They send reviewers boxes with cubes and bit's and bob's and send the paying public these half-arsed looking boxes with nothing but the card inside, I'm half expecting to find my card wrapped in a bin liner when I get it. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom