• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Soldato
Great....gotta love DPD and their drivers who say they couldn't deliver the package when they don't even show up in the first place :mad:

Delivery rescheduled for tomorrow... :rolleyes:

Make a complaint. They say they couldn't deliver in order to not lose money for a non-delivery. Make a claim with the etailer against the carrier.

V F

V F

Soldato
20170815_150233.jpg

20170815_150701.jpg

20170815_150707.jpg

I'm crap at taking pictures but there it is :D
As others have said there's basically nothing in the box

No fancy box of stickers, a GPU die ornament, no clear cube and no wrist band? Even for that price...

Soldato
Aye, seems to have been a massive **** up on ocuk's end to say the least. They were slow to get the cards listed, they didn't even show in their own sections and you had to follow a forum link to access them, which makes me dubious about the claim they had over 1000 cards considering they weren't visible on the site for some time.

Aye.
And to add salt on the wound today, came home tonight and the XL2730Z started flickering again >_< which means is done. By friday it will be flickering even when not connected to the graphic card.
Thats 3rd replacement (4th in total) in 2 years and 4 months, this one being brand new replacement in December to boot!

Caporegime
Aye.
And to add salt on the wound today, came home tonight and the XL2730Z started flickering again >_< which means is done. By friday it will be flickering even when not connected to the graphic card.
Thats 3rd replacement (4th in total) in 2 years and 4 months, this one being brand new replacement in December to boot!

In the same boat with my screen, has random glitches and black outs, on my second replacement now and Benq still claim its something else besides the monitor. I've seen people on other forums say the shielding inside it is crap and that's a cause of it but Benq won't have it. My original screen was pixel perfect, the replacements have both had dead pixels. So they're on my **** list for future ********* to avoid.

Soldato
so that's it, time to start playing..What a joyful afternoon taking apart the loop, cleaning the PC then putting in the RX 64. Case looks so bare now, I kinda like the look of the card though, pretty cool. Roll on EK getting these goodies shipped to me, this thing going to be painful on air while I wait.

Question also. How do I control the power mode, between Power Saving, Balanced and Turbo? Do I need to run Wattman?

Before and afters.

22564254222_4a0f0f415c_c.jpg
36545685116_666dbdec9d_c.jpg
36195380520_310c026f99_c.jpg

Soldato
Finally got back from school clothes shopping and have it installed. One thing I don't like about the liquid cooled compared to the Fury X is the position of the tubing - it was neater where it was on the Fury X on the side, an odd decision to put the tubing on the front of the Vega which is hiding my Vinyl Pop figure of Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite) sitting on my PSU housing, oh well I'll get used to it I guess. Only one benchmark I've run so far is Rise of The Tomb Raider, I was getting 50 FPS at 3440x1440 with the Fury X with a couple of settings turned down - now getting 77 FPS with the 64 at the same settings and 68 FPS with everything maxed so happy with that.

Caporegime
so that's it, time to start playing..What a joyful afternoon taking apart the loop, cleaning the PC then putting in the RX 64. Case looks so bare now, I kinda like the look of the card though, pretty cool. Roll on EK getting these goodies shipped to me, this thing going to be painful on air while I wait.

Question also. How do I control the power mode, between Power Saving, Balanced and Turbo? Do I need to run Wattman?

Before and afters.

22564254222_4a0f0f415c_c.jpg
36545685116_666dbdec9d_c.jpg
36195380520_310c026f99_c.jpg

Nice, enjoy :)

Soldato
Trying to figure out the score with the core clocks; so on GPU-Z and Furmark it lists the card as having a core clock of 1750Mhz although I can't get it to go any higher than 1668Mhz when pushing the card. The card is listed as having a boost clock of 1677 on the product page on OCUK so can anyone explain these varying figures? I have the profile set to 'turbo' in the Radeon settings so wouldn't it boost up to either of 1677 or 1750 when using the likes of Furmark?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom