Can someone extend a background for me in Photoshop please?

Commissario
This is a bit of an odd one because I really can't go into too much detail!

I have an image which needs the background extending out to the edge but although I've tried, my clone/copy/paste/merge/dodge etc skills aren't up to the job.

Trouble is that I can't post this here because although the image is quite bland, I don't want it out in the general world until the design has been finalised.

The actual .psd is around 75Mb, it's zipped down to about 50Mb.

Is there anyone who would be prepared to have a go at this for me please? I do appreciate that it's a cheeky request, especially as I'm not prepared to share the full image!

What I can share is an idea of what needs doing.

wqQNmoD.png

That background basically needs extending out to the edge and be as seamless as possible.

If you reckon you could do that for me, please reply in here and drop me a Trust message so I can send you a link to the actual file.

Thanks.

Soldato
I would, but I'd get berated by the Photoshop police on here for not putting a drowing Keanu or horse in it, or something.
Do you have photoshop, if so it's really easy. In CS6 upwards, if you just use the magic wand tool or marquee tool to select the white area (on a flattened version) and press backspace, the fill dialogue box will appear. Use the content aware setting and it will fill it for you with a indentical pattern.
You need to do it without the black border in place though as it will think that's part of the picture and make a whole mess.

Send it to me in a trust email as a dropbox link if you want!

Soldato
Given it's a fairly neutral background you might get away with extending the background to fill the space required. It'll depend on how it looks in the rest of the photo but you might get away with it given it's purely sea:

sea.jpg

AABaKyv34D8iNwwGLrVyxUsOa

AABaKyv34D8iNwwGLrVyxUsOa

Back
Top Bottom