• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Associate
Vega_Toasty.jpg

Also good for small steaks, chops and chicken.

:)

ej3mwa

Soldato
Good news everyone, new Cosair RM650x arrived, just done a check, overclocked to 1712 / 1050, fully loaded CPU and GPU and played battlefield, solid - no restarts, perfect. So it seems my EVGA PSU can't even supply 360watts total system load (GPU low power mode) without issues, so I will be getting on to EVGA about this - pretty bad as it's only a few months old!

wow, that is bad!! It must be faulty.

But, on the plus side, your card is working. It would have been a long wait if you had to RMA it.

Man of Honour
OP
Vega_Toasty.jpg

Also good for small steaks, chops and chicken.

:)

ej3mwa

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.
k0HZfc3.png

Date 16/08/2017, Make Reference Air, WhistleBlower07, Link
Date 16/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, Chewie, Link
Date 16/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, nashathedog, Link
Date 16/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, heartburnron, Link
Date 16/08/2017, Make Reference Air, vanpeebles, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Morve, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Howling, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, Apache14, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, Dianbobo, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, ubersonic, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, AMDMatt, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference Air, TonyTurbo78, Link
Date 15/08/2017, Make Reference AIO, MDPlatts, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Vega 64.

Soldato
one thing thats bothering me. I have no idea if the manual voltage changes I'm making in Wattman and Watttool are actually doing a damn thing. I'm adding a 50% power limit and dropping the core voltage to 1040mv from 1200 but it's appearing to do diddly squat on my plug in wall meter. Card is hot as hell in gaming, even whacking a 3000rpm fan speed on the beast doesn't stop it going over 80c when I'm up around the 1600mhz range. Come on EK hurry the hell up

Gaming is so nice though, just been in Forza Horizon, getting around 100fps in Surfers Paradise which we all know is the problem area, and well up above that out driving in the sticks. Thats at 1440p 4xmsaa and everyting on Ultra. Quite impressed to be honest.

Permabanned
Is anyone else experiencing judder making games unplayable?

I tried a Steam tower defence game called Warstone TD and it judders badly so I tried Dirt 4 and it judders too, Every 5 to 10 seconds the scene freezes.

Any thoughts or, suggestions?

I'm on the latest driver and I ddu'd with the latest version of that as well.

Caporegime
Is anyone else experiencing judder making games unplayable?

I tried a Steam tower defence game called Warstone TD and it judders badly so I tried Dirt 4 and it judders too, Every 5 to 10 seconds the scene freezes.

Any thoughts or, suggestions?

I'm on the latest driver and I ddu'd with the latest version of that as well.

Using HWINFO64 by any chance, or any third party software that is monitoring the GPU VRM temps?

Associate
Any owner of the Liquid Edition who like me is not impressed by the fan on the radiator? Pretty disappointed sound wise, does anyone know if it's an easy swap?

Permabanned
Using HWINFO64 by any chance, or any third party software that is monitoring the GPU VRM temps?

What will work?

I've tried gpu-z and real temp 3.70 but neither show temps.

Any owner of the Liquid Edition who like me is not impressed by the fan on the radiator? Pretty disappointed sound wise, does anyone know if it's an easy swap?

Yep, It's now the loudest thing in the rig, Before today my PC was borderline silent. With the Fury Trix it was quiet even at load. I wouldn't say it's obtrusive though, just a little louder and it's only the fan thankfully & not an EEE like with the Fury X :D

Back
Top Bottom