Nissan Qashqai (2014)

Soldato
I just put a deposit down on one today, really liked the colour in person, it's red similar to the OPs.

2014 Qashqai Acenta Premium (1.5 diesel)
1 owner, 28k miles, FSH
3 month warranty, and just serviced by the dealer. First MOT just done recently June 2017.
It comes with the satnav, panoramic roof, keyless entry, tinted windows, engine start/stop button, electric mirrors, bluetooth etc. On paper 74mpg I'm hoping this translates to 60-65mpg actual.

The interior and exterior were in very good condition bar two small dents I managed to find, the dealer will be getting these sorted and the car valeted etc ready for collection this Friday. It also had no car mats in there but I saw official Nissan mats in the boot of another qashqai so it was no deal unless he chucked those in as well (which he did) because they were not willing to negotiate on price although he mentioned they do price match. I managed to find another car almost identical spec as this for £100 cheaper so they matched it. All in all it's cost me £11,800. Sold my old shape 2013 Qashqai +2 for 11k, so I'm more than happy to pay £800 for the upgrade. The tekna models with the leathers, 18/19'' alloys and roof rails etc aren't worth the extra £2k-£3k for me personally, it took it just outside my price range although they look great.

Last edited:
Soldato
I just put a deposit down on one today, really liked the colour in person, it's red similar to the OPs.

2014 Qashqai Acenta Premium (1.5 diesel)
1 owner, 28k miles, FSH
3 month warranty, and just serviced by the dealer. First MOT just done recently June 2017.
It comes with the satnav, panoramic roof, keyless entry, tinted windows, engine start/stop button, electric mirrors, bluetooth etc. On paper 74mpg I'm hoping this translates to 60-65mpg actual.
I've got the same engine and average is 45.7, you'll be lucky.

Soldato
I've got the same engine and average is 45.7, you'll be lucky.

I got more than that on my old one and that was the Renault engine! Mind you that was a 1.6 and this is 1.5, but I can't see how this engine is gonna be less economical on clear motorway runs. I wonder where they pull these paper mpg figures from? It's down as average 74, I'm expecting at least 60!

Soldato
I got more than that on my old one and that was the Renault engine! Mind you that was a 1.6 and this is 1.5, but I can't see how this engine is gonna be less economical on clear motorway runs. I wonder where they pull these paper mpg figures from? It's down as average 74, I'm expecting at least 60!
You'll get more than what I stated on a motorway run just depends what your breakdown is.

Soldato
Went to pick the car up today after first ringing them to confirm it was ready, got there and... it hadn't been touched!! A lad was actually working on it trying to get the little dent out, I asked him how long he'd been working on the car and his reply was '5 minutes', so he'd only just started! Have to be honest it was frightening watching him hammering away at the panel, I'm no expert at fixing small dents but at a glance you'd think he was making it much worse! :/

I gave it a very quick inspection though and it was very obvious the car hadn't been valeted or even touched tbh, wasn't too pleased. The sales guy comes over and assured me it had, even though I pointed out little areas to show him that it can't have been. He assured me this time that it'd be ready by tomorrow and was actually cheeky enough to push for payment today so I could 'drive away with it tomorrow', he wanted to confirm today that payment had been made as their 'admin team' wouldn't be in on Sat. I kindly refused his offer and told him I'm not paying for the vehicle until I've inspected it and it is exactly as I was promised it would be, nothing more, nothing less. Roll on Monday...

Is this the beginning of a horror story? :p Atm they only have the deposit from me which was £250, but I don't intend on driving away with the vehicle until I am 100% satisfied with it. I wish I'd made a video of the sales guy now 'oh that mark will be gone', 'oh that'll be sorted' etc etc etc... Don't get me wrong it's in good condition and I'm aware it's a used vehicle, but I'm gonna hold him to everything he said when trying to get the sale.

Soldato
I actually rang them on the Friday to voice my frustration, they were very apologetic and I'm glad to report the car was ready and collected by me yesterday. Just took a few quick pics taken earlier:

https://ibb.co/fvxmnQ
https://ibb.co/dyR1Mk
https://ibb.co/eeLiZ5

The screen inside is bigger and of much better quality, the interior is much nicer and the ride feels smoother, and in person the colour isn't too bad. Lacking the 18/19" alloys, roof rails, leathers and a few other bits but still comes with a fair amount of kit and well well worth the £800 it cost me over my old car.

Does anyone else ever get the front driver and passenger sides very light tinted so it blends a bit better all round or is that just me?

Soldato
I wouldn't worry about the 19's at least, they ruin the ride. And regarding mpg, as others mentioned, it's not great. At a steady 70 on a flat road it'll just touch 60mpg. Expect combined to be about 50 or so on mixed roads with a fairly smooth style.

Soldato
The 19s look lovely but with me having to commute a fair distance to work, I felt cheaper tyres and a more comfortable ride would be the better option.

You guys were right, I was expecting a bit too much tbh with fuel economy. Had the car since Monday and I'm currently averaging 53mpg. Best I managed on the drive back from work yesterday when I was driving as economically as I could, was 58mpg!

Soldato
As an update to this we’ve struggled along with our fiat 500 for a couple of months but just bought a 2012 Sportage 1.7 with all the bells and whistles for £10,200. It’s got 60k on it and is in pretty good nick. The interior has worn very well. It’s black which will be a pain to keep clean but I’m quite taken with it. Dealer has just done the front discs and pads and it’s got 4 brand new tyres (not exactly premium, but they’ll do!). Will absolutely do the job and is so practical compared to the other cars! Would have been nice to get an estate of some kind but this is a nice compromise. Manufacturer’s warranty until March 2019 is a nice touch too.

Back
Top Bottom