Best <£200 phone?

Associate
Hello,

Once again on the market for a new mobile. Once again, I'm out of the loop. This time I need a phone for my wife. Most important requirements:

1) Good camera (for the budget) - She uses the camera daily to take photographs of our son.
2) Stock Android - I bought a Honor 7 when it first came out and have still not forgiven myself. All the hardware in the world is worthless if the software is poor.
3) <£200. Originally aimed for ~£150 but I realise a little extra buys a lot more. I might go higher if a few pounds buys me into a much better phone.

The obvious go-to was the Moto G5 but I'm worried it's not quite the clear winner it once was. The lack of compass is a shame, if not a deal breaker. I did consider the Moto G4 (currently £150) and struggled to see the downside apart from it's a year older - No more updates? Will feel outdated sooner?

I might be willing to wait another week or so (for example, the Moto G5s is due soon) but the trusty old Nokia 735 camera autofocus has bitten the dust and given the importance of the camera I cannot afford to be without it for too long.

Please tell me there is an obvious answer to this?! Thanks!

Associate
I just went from my G5 back to a G3 and put the latest android on it, solid phone and the camera is better than my now broken s6.. just an idea you can pick them up cheap. :)

Associate
I have a Moto G5. It's a bit underwhelming. I was expecting a bit better battery life and a bit better performance.

I only buy cheaper phones because I wreck them at work.

Associate
OP
Ended up going with the E4 Plus. Let's hope the camera doesn't let it down - The only of my three requirements that I'm not 100% it satisfies, despite offering a lot of other features I did not expect at this price point (battery life and Android Pay/NFC primarily).

Back
Top Bottom