• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Soldato
In the driver available on the website, voltage control is not working, but I'm using a slightly newer build in which it works. No ETA on its arrival I'm afraid, but it will come.

I'm uploading a BF4 video where i give it a quick run out with the undervolt in place. I'll share that with you once it's uploaded. As it's 4K @60FPS file size is 2.2GB so may take an hour or more.

Here's some quick HWINFO64 stats while it's uploading.

Stock settings (1750Mhz/945Mhz) +50% PL
ZlkKGhm.jpg

Undervolted -0.075mv (1750Mhz/945Mhz) +50% PL

XVbdNg8.jpg

The 0.075mv undervolt allows for about a 10% reduction in required fan speed to maintain 65C. 30-35% fan speed is required and that is silent for me.

ahh I see. Awesome. Thanks for the info bud.

Soldato
So I want to water-cool with an AIO type unit. I don't want to mess around with a custom loop.

I see there is the Eismann wolfy thing and EK are doing some weird modular thing too? The problem is, the EK one is already 130 odd just for the block, so with the integrated profiled pump / rad, probably talking nearer 250 - 300 for a working setup. The Eissman one looks to be a lot cheaper.

Any other options? The Kraken would have been good, but does not fit :(

What is this Eismann wolfy thing you speak off?

Soldato
1980/1100 clockspeed please, nothing less will do.:D

MD used the above clocks in most of the benches he did yesterday.:)
I just tried another few tests there - yesterday the best I could manage was 1882/1075 for both a stable run through on Time Spy (Score 7479) and getting though the ROTR benchmark without seeing artefacts. Those were all at +25% power limit so I decided to back and whack the slider right across to 50%, this allowed me to achieve a successful ROTR benchmark at 1907/1090 but Time Spy crashed with these clocks. More experimentation saw me get a complete run through of Time Spy at 1907/1085 but the performance tanked, scoring only 5993 overall and the average FPS in graphics test 2 dropping from 43 to 21 FPS compared to yesterdays test at 1882/1075. I've finally settled on 1907/1075 at +40% power limit, this seems to be really stable and produced a Time Spy score of 7599. Happy with that for now. I did see my temps hit 64 degrees this time which is nothing I know but the highest I've seen yet none the less.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Enabling HBCC segment netted me around a 400 point improvement in graphics score on standard Firestrike. I'm using 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz.

I saw that setting but didn't try it as I wasn't sure what it did - my 32GB of 2666 will lose me points again compared to 3200 - will give it a go tonight :)

Does it just reserve the specified size of RAM as a buffer into the HBM2 or is it used addition to it for compression calculations before sending to the HBM2 ? IIRC it looks to start around 11GB or so on my system - I wouldn't want that much reserved all the time.

Permabanned
The reason I asked the age is that Version 1 of those PSU's were buggy under loads. Can I ask what PSU is the 650w? It might actually be a better PSU than the 850 one :)

If you need a new one, I wouldn't go overboard, a good quality 750/850W one will be fine. There are two Superflower PSU's that are modular available here. One is £129 and the other is £132. They are both really good. You don't need to spend £200 :)

The 650 watt one's an EVGA G2,

Soldato
The 650 watt one's an EVGA G2,

did you get your Card working?

If not and you are still having problems, try the Evga G2. It's a better PSU than the Corsair 850 you have in already.

I should ask what's the rest of your system? hard drives? fans? CPU, Ram? any other power drains?

Caporegime
In the driver available on the website, voltage control is not working, but I'm using a slightly newer build in which it works. No ETA on its arrival I'm afraid, but it will come.

I'm uploading a BF4 video where i give it a quick run out with the undervolt in place. I'll share that with you once it's uploaded. As it's 4K @60FPS file size is 2.2GB so may take an hour or more.

Here's some quick HWINFO64 stats while it's uploading.

Stock settings (1750Mhz/945Mhz) +50% PL
ZlkKGhm.jpg

Undervolted -0.075mv (1750Mhz/945Mhz) +50% PL

XVbdNg8.jpg

The 0.075mv undervolt allows for about a 10% reduction in required fan speed to maintain 65C. 30-35% fan speed is required and that is silent for me.

Managed a 7.5% overclock on the core at maximum voltage and 15.5% overclock on HBM 2. Would need more core voltage to go any higher than 1827Mhz.

Here's that YT video i mentioned earlier.

Associate
Has anyone looked at what Vega clocks at while browsing/youtubing ? And the power consumption ? Curious because they talked about it being able to clock in 1mhz increments with a lowest clock at 27mhz (desktop not moving mouse), I'm wondering if the average browsing power consumption is somewhat lower than anything Nvidia offers, maybe offsetting a little bit the high gamin power consumption.

Associate
Yeah that segment option isn't going to be useful for me as I've only got 16gb ram, its also ddr3 so maybe not ideal anyway.

Updated my rainmeter graphs for the HBM temp sensor (fan RPM is my closed loop rad not the blower) and interesting that HBM gets toasty even quicker than the core, the blower is really not upto the task!

RamKXic.png

Associate
Has anyone looked at what Vega clocks at while browsing/youtubing ? And the power consumption ? Curious because they talked about it being able to clock in 1mhz increments with a lowest clock at 27mhz (desktop not moving mouse), I'm wondering if the average browsing power consumption is somewhat lower than anything Nvidia offers, maybe offsetting a little bit the high gamin power consumption.

the memory hangs around very low mhz (150~), the core (reported anyway) stays above 600 most of the time. Thats on dual monitors, don't think any of the power measurements are accurate atm.

Soldato

Hi Matt, are you saying voltage control is not working at all with current public drivers? If not that will explain why I am getting no reduction in temps when dropping volts? Is it not working in WattRool or Wattman?

Thanks

Soldato
It does strike me as strange that AMD would mess up the release day drivers this way. I mean they've never messed up a GPU release before ;)

Back
Top Bottom