PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Associate
I've recently picked this up and put about 8hrs into it solo so far. Highest place I've finished is 4th with several top 20 finishes as well, so am far from being great at the game. But I would love to get in on some of the group games, so feel free to add me on steam: GingerNinja_UK

wnb

wnb

Soldato
I've recently picked this up and put about 8hrs into it solo so far. Highest place I've finished is 4th with several top 20 finishes as well, so am far from being great at the game. But I would love to get in on some of the group games, so feel free to add me on steam: GingerNinja_UK
You need to get on the ocuk discord, on a busy night we could have 20+ people.

Associate
Not really as its the same game better optimized without the zombies and food elements. Just the same to me except for more loot etc

I am not referring to the style of game play, I am talking about the development within early access. PUBG ran like a dog but was gradually optomised to the state it is in currently, which is a game that runs very well. Dayz standalone has been a pig since day 1 and although the renderer change did improve things, the game still feels half finished and half assed.

Underboss
Are the first person only servers in the full game now or are they still testing them?

Not played in ages as the 3rd person peak got boring for me.

Soldato
Only playing FPP now and much prefer it. Had a go at 3rd person last night with a bunch but I just don't enjoy it as much. Also FPP seems to run far better for me, no where near as much jitter and lag?

Associate
Played for the first time last night, I went for FPP mode. Not killed a single person yet! But enjoying it all the same.

Unless I missed it it never actually explains what anything is (i.e the red circle) or the objective of the game. I think it could do with some on boarding or a tutorial for new players, but I guess as its Early Access these things will come later.

Soldato
Played for the first time last night, I went for FPP mode. Not killed a single person yet! But enjoying it all the same.

Unless I missed it it never actually explains what anything is (i.e the red circle) or the objective of the game. I think it could do with some on boarding or a tutorial for new players, but I guess as its Early Access these things will come later.

The one and only objective of the game is to not die, be the last person standing and you win, that is pretty much it. Red zone is a bombing zone where random artillery shells drop. But that really is about it, there isn't much more to the game to be honest :)

Soldato

You need to go and watch Battle Royale. Worth a watch anyway, but all will become clear if you do.

Associate
The one and only objective of the game is to not die, be the last person standing and you win, that is pretty much it. Red zone is a bombing zone where random artillery shells drop. But that really is about it, there isn't much more to the game to be honest :)

Haha yeah fair enough but even that is not stated anywhere

Hopefully I will get a kill tonight! I need to take more care when waltzing into an apparent empty building.

Soldato

Apart from the steam store page...

PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS is a last-man-standing shooter being developed with community feedback. Starting with nothing, players must fight to locate weapons and supplies in a battle to be the lone survivor. This realistic, high tension game is set on a massive 8x8 km island with a level of detail that showcases Unreal Engine 4's capabilities.

Soldato

the next thing you do is get yourself over to the Discord Channel - you'll find plenty of players on most nights and should easily find a squad you can tag along with

Soldato

Hopefully I will get a kill tonight! I need to take more care when waltzing into an apparent empty building.

Yea I know what you mean. The kills will come, as you start learning where to drop to avoid getting rogered after about 15 seconds :D but like Mr Kwango said, get yourself on the Discord and find some people to play with, you will get up to speed far quicker playing with others as in squads i tend to find that the blind luck of the loot isn't as impactful as it is in solo as even if you get weak gear at least some of your squad will get reasonably geared up so you can rely on them initially until you get better gear.

Soldato
Thanks for that.
Played 5 games this morning and it wasn't good. The first game seemed OK but there was a bit of lag. I finished 5th without killing anyone (in fact only saw 1 person in a car), and died whilst trying to battle lag and get into the end circle. The following 3 games were unplayable because of lag, it was as bad as I've ever experienced in an online game.
The last game was much better, almost no lag at all but I had to leave it as I had to go out.
So, is poor network performance a current feature of the game?? Is there anyway to see server stats and response times before joining a game??

Back
Top Bottom